Hi, I’m Ryan. I am a London-based Senior Designer/Art Director, with almost 15 years experience creating engaging and strategic integrated design and branding solutions for some of the world’s most recognisable brands. Having worked both agency and client-side, I have a passion for branding and specialise in creating and developing meaningful brand experiences both on and off-line, and leading the process from concept through to completion. My career has allowed me to do this across a number of sectors - from government and education to sport and entertainment - in environments ranging from branding and design to advertising and digital. I am comfortable working independently, but have enjoyed leading teams of up to ten creatives, and more recently begun mentoring junior designers via several different networking platforms.
- Superlist BetaFive years on from its sale to Microsoft, the founders of the highly popular Wunderlist app regrouped to found Superlist - a productivity tool that bridges the gap between personal and team management. A fast, flexible, highly customizable general purpose tool, Superlist collaborates and enhances your workflow, rather than challenge it. With a scheduled launch of late 2022/early 2023, I worked closely with the founders and wider team to create the brand foundations, strategy and visual identity
- Aaron Lewis Foundation // Brand repositioningBRIEF The Aaron Lewis Foundation was founded in 2009 by friends and family of Lt. Aaron Lewis, following his death in Afghanistan in December 2008. The Foundation is an all-volunteer charity committed to raising funds and transforming lives through sport and community action in the local area and nationally for service and ex-service personnel. As the charity celebrated its tenth year, the growth and impact they have achieved has exceeded all initial expectations, and the brand required a full
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Club ChelseaChelsea Football Club is a professional football club based in Fulham, West London. Since founded in 1905, they have enjoyed many years of success and since 1992, have competed in the FA Premier League, the highest tier of English football. Following the appointment of a new Marketing Director and CEO in 2017, Chelsea FC embarked on it’s first significant brand positioning exercise in it’s 112 year history. I was contracted to work at Stamford Bridge with the creative in-house team at Chelsea F
- Arsenal Membership 13/14Working with Arsenal FC for over 6 years, this particular year was one of my favourites. I worked on the creative strategy and managed the project through from initial briefing to photoshoots and final video edits. Working closely with the design team and the client to deliver on the first fan focussed membership campaign under the Always Ahead of the Game strategy. Creative Team: Steve Pigott, Ryan Brown, Matt Gelder, Lucy Henshaw, Rhys Cunningham
Brand Design LeadSuperlist
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Responsible for establishing, creating and maintaining the full strategic brand positioning, framework and visual identity ahead of beta launch for productivity start-up Superlist.
Head of DesignBrand Brewery
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Leading a team of four designers, delivering global brand events and campaigns for DHL Global, The Space and Leicester City FC. I have also been responsible for designing and implementing a company-wide creative process, that has increased productivity and output from the team, and ensured that everyone in the business contributes to and has a significant role to play in the creative process.
+ Show more
- Brand Building
- Brand Campaigns
- Brand Concept
- Brand Creation
- Creative Direction
- Web Design
- Idea Generation
- Art Direction
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- London, United Kingdom