Neurodivergent and multicultural scriptwriter, educator and diversity consultant. I’ve learned everything I know about filmmaking working in the industry for more than a decade, in several roles, all types of productions, from all corners of the world. As an experienced WOC and multicultural professional active in mentoring young talent and involved in activism and community work, I feel that I am especially well equipped to bring my experiences, knowledge, curiosity, open mind, and expertise towards pushing for inclusion in this industry, behind and in front of the camera. That always starts with good writing, building great characters with authentic stories, and coming up with creative solutions for entertaining narratives committed to impulsing change. And follows taking intentional, informed, and focused action at every level of production. As a writer, I have a strong commitment to truly cinematic storytelling that connects with an audience beyond the rational understanding of a film, into its emotional and sensory level. I am especially interested in futurism, science fiction, speculative and visionary fiction as playgrounds to re-think the world in which we live and what it could become, always with an eye on the social justice issues of today. I am at the moment in post-production of a feature film for Erika Lust Films to be release in August 2021, working as a staff writer in a fiction series for a streaming platform, co-coordinating the Black Seed training program, and looking for development opportunities for two sci-fi series projects on the themes of race and blackness. I'd love to connect with screenwriters, executives, producers, showrunners, and directors from anywhere in the world.
+ Show more
- "The Originals" selected for UGC Writer's Campus 2021My science fiction series project "The Originals" is selected for the UGC Writer's Campus at the International Series Mania Festival that will take place this summer at Lille (France). This opportunity will allow me to work with experienced writers and showrunners on further developing my series project and pitch it to an international crowd of professionals in this industry.
- Co-Founder BLACK SEED FILMSBlack Seed Films is an online and offline educational + ressources platform created in 2021responding to the great amount of original stories existing in the minds of so many black and brown creators all over the world that don't have the training, opportunity or support to be able to take them to fruition. We aren't waiting for another 5 or 10 generations of black creators to go through film school or work their way up an industry that is riddled with obstacles to make their ideas come to life.
- Speaker at Docs Barcelona Film FestivalOn the 29th of May 2020, I will be part of a round table titled: "Unconscious prejudices: who speaks, who explains, and who looks. What prejudices do we unconsciously release when we create a documentary?" Organized within the industry events for professionals of the festival, which will be completely online in this edition. Link: https://docsbarcelona.com/en/activities/els-prejudicis-inconscients-qui-parla-qui-explica-qui-mira
- ANOTHER SEX DIMENSION (2019) for XConfessions.com"Erotic Sci-Fi Queen Sally Fenaux is back. A magical red light takes a group of curious youngsters to another sex dimension. I love Sally's work, because nobody understands mixing reality and fiction, present and future like she does. Sally has a remarkable talent for taking very real life topics and transforming them into something completely unexpected and surreal." Erika Lust
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Sally Fenaux BarleycornDust. That's all we are, aren't we? We are made by the dust of memories as much as by stardust. Fatima is stuck between the memories of what this town used to be. Her birthplace, her family, her home, her heart. And all the dreams she had of what it would one day become. Not a megacity with lights on twenty-four hours and skyscrapers. That doesn't mean progress to her. But rather, a beautiful landscape colored in brown, orange and green, where people lie on their carpets outside in the summer ni5
+ Show more
- Concept Creation
- Script Consulting
- Script Reader
- Script Development
- Script Coverage
- Workshop Delivery
- TV Development
Writing the PilotNational Film and Television School
- United Kingdom
Writing the Pilot is a course designed to offer writers, and creative producers, a 'Writers Room' experience with the chance to plan and write a pilot episode of an original drama series over an intensive 10 day period. Led by Peter Ansorge whose award-winning career includes: A Very British Coup, Traffik, GBH, The Politician’s Wife, Tales of the City, Brookside and The Camomile Lawn.
Crafting Your Web or Digital SeriesSundance Institute
- United States
Learn how to create and launch a compelling, original short digital series from concept to marketing. In this live, 8-week online course, you will write your digital pilot, create a series outline, learn how to pitch, fundraise, and bring your series to an audience. Sessions include live pilot reads, peer feedback sessions on your pilot and season arc, and guest speakers. The course concludes with a one-on-one mentoring session focused on your project and next steps. Instructor: Anna Kerrigan Advisor: Elizabeth Rose
+ Show more