I’m a filmmaker, photographer and all-rounder explorer & lover of life. Passionate about faces, places and the stories they hold, my mantra is to put the narrative back into the hands of the people who are seldom given a voice. I have worked across development & production for both digital short-form and linear television for over 6 years. My work aims to reflect, represent and inspire its viewers through true and aspirational storytelling. I work in: documentary, factual entertainment & development Available for local/international commissions. London based.
- STONE COLD KILLERSSpoken word poet LionHeart has spent three years researching the effects that architecture can have on our mental wellbeing. This short documentary is a call to arms for the nation to start taking note of our surroundings. This piece was one of three commissions I had the pleasure of developing, producing and directing Made for Channel 4 True Stories Black History Month 2020
- CONVERSATIONS WITH MY FATHER27 year old Khari went to private school and has two degrees, but decided he wanted to work as a bar man. Now he wants to discover what his Dad thinks of his career choices, watch how their conversation goes. This piece was one of three commissions I had the pleasure of developing, producing and directing. Made for Channel 4 True Stories Black History Month 2020.
- CONVERSATIONS WITH MY MOTHERHair-care guru Kenique lets her mum Jennifer do her hair in a braid out style. Kenique’s just become a mum and she wants to know how Jennifer kept her identity after she and her three siblings were born. This piece was one of three commissions I had the pleasure of developing, producing and directing Made for Channel 4 True Stories Black History Month 2020.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- My Hair Won't Be Silenced - Pantene Gold SeriesRecently, we (SXWKS) produced this UK-wide campaign film for Pantene Gold Series, directed by myself, aimed at tackling the discrimination faced by Black women concerning their hair. It is said that 93% of Black people in the UK have faced microaggressions related to their Afro hair. Pantene have partnered up with Black Minds Matter UK and Project Embrace to combat and reduce these microaggressions by 50% within the UK by 2025 with the Power of Hair Fund. This short film features 6 Black Britis
- My Hair Won't Be Silenced - Pantene Gold SeriesA new report by Pantene reveals at least 93% of Black people with Afro hair in the UK have experienced microaggressions related to their hair. Uninvited hair touching was reported as one of the most common types of microaggressions, experienced by nearly half (46%). 52% of Black people with Afro hair state that discrimination against their hair has negatively affected their self-esteem or mental health. Only 7% of people without Afro Hair were able to identify common microaggressions. The Gold
+ Show more
- Archive Research
- Dslr Photography
- Adobe Editing
Level 3 YMCA Personal Trainer & Level 2 YMCA Gym InstructorMy Training Centre
London, United Kingdom
Fully qualified personal trainer
+ Show more