Sam spends a large portion of his time concentrating on new business concepts and existing client relationships, bringing in new projects and challenges for the team, researching and developing new ideas and studying historical influences. As Creative Director Sam also spends his time developing content and ideas both for research and consultancy, along with inspiration and creative for all of the projects and installations.
- PLANT CONNOISSEURS' CLUBRECREATIONAL VEGETATION Bompas & Parr present a series of workshops at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, exploring psychoactive plants, stimulating botanicals and other mind-altering magic. As part of Kew’s Intoxication Season from 20th September until 12th October, we’re taking over the Secluded Glasshouse on weekends, creating an immersive, theatrical locale for budding plant connoisseurs to expand their minds by learning about other cultures’ perspectives on natural-born plant intoxicants. Against a historical context, and with the guidance of ethnobotanists, toxicologists, drugs historians and medics, we’ll be examining our collective attitude to drugs and contrasting our own socially acceptable substances - tobacco, alcohol and caffeine - with other less familiar stimulants and sedatives. Best of all, adventurous types can also seek spiritual enlightenment with our Grand Master host, by directly sampling a small amount of one of four plant-products that are widely consumed on a global basis, but which we’re less familiar with in the UK. Betel nut, kola nut, raw guarana and blue lotus tea are all variously attributed certain psychoactive, mind-altering properties and have been consumed for centuries as far afield as Ancient Egypt and the jungles of South America.
- MULTISENSORY FIREWORKSMULTISENSORY FIREWORKS - EMBANKMENT, NEW YEARS EVE 2013 / 2014 Bompas & Parr worked with Vodafone, in partnership with the Mayor of London, to create the world’s first mutli-sensory firework display for London’s New Year’s Eve. Visitors watching London’s fireworks between Westminster Bridge and Hungerford Bridge got to experience a total sensory assault with the different coloured fireworks matched to fruity flavours. So as red pyrotechnics exploded in the sky, the city was engulfed in a straw
- COOKING WITH LAVACOOKING WITH LAVA - SYRACUSE, USA, June 2014 Go into the kitchen of a top steak restaurant and you’re likely to find a £18,000 Josper oven, favoured by chefs for its searing 300°C cooking temperature. At Bompas & Parr we didn’t think that was anywhere near hot enough, so last month we headed to Syracuse University in upstate New York, where Professor Robert Wysocki has over-clocked an industrial bronze furnace and is busy working up an expertise in creating artificial volcanos and streams of ma
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Top 50 companies to work for in 2021Looking to kickstart or pivot your career in 2021? We’ve put together a list of 50 top companies to work for! We formulated this list by using insights from the popularity of companies and the jobs they post on The Dots, topped off with a dash of our team’s wisdom and a good mix of brilliant charities and pro-social companies. Be sure to follow your favourites to stay up to date with their events and all-important job opportunities!143
- PACAPACA is part of the Fountain of Hygiene exhibition, showcased at Design Museum London and BODW Hong Kong. Children’s hygiene should be encouraged in a playful way, making it an enjoyable part of their daily routine rather than a chore. Inspired by the famous PEZ candy dispensers, the disinfecting yet fun qualities of glow-in-the-dark UV light, and an animal that is known to count as emotional support and therapy in times of darkness, the Alpaca, we developed PACA – a toy with disinfecting qualit1
- Fountain of Hygiene: Sanitiser Design CompetitionCALL FOR ENTRIES: Bompas & Parr invites the design community to develop an aesthetic and functional approach to hand sanitising with Fountain of Hygiene: Sanitiser Design Competition to raise money for the Red Cross Bompas & Parr invites creatives, designers, makers and architects to design inspired takes on the sanitiser pumps now on counters across the globe. The results will be displayed at the Design Museum in early April and auctioned by Christie’s to raise money for The British Red Cross.26
- Connect! and Connect10Between 2012 and 2016 Connect! (and Connect10 before it) matched 42 venues and artists to produce participatory contemporary art events as part of the Museums at Night festival. The collaborations were brought about by the public voting for their favourite venue/artist match up. The venue with the most votes won the artist. https://museumsatnight.org.uk/connect/#.XDdAGIwYCUk
- Lost LagoonThis New Year, Bompas & Parr and Captain Morgan rum will take Londoners on a nautical adventure to an underground paradise: the Lost Lagoon. Launching for three months from the beginning of February 2019 until early April, this ticketed event will open in a secret subterranean central London location and offer the chance for budding buccaneers to leave the dark, dank English winter on a delicious journey of discovery.9
+ Show more
- Creative Direction
- Food Design
- Food Creation