Among my proudest achievements to date are: ✔ Co-directing a series of short films for BCN Més 'Heroes Anonimos' series for Otoxo Production. Of these L'estoc was chosen as the winner for Best Documentary at Paris Play Film Festival, ahead of feature length productions in the same category and Street Talk was selected for the Bibliocurts and Visionaria Film Festivals of 2017. ✔ The feature film, Todo por Jugar which I co-directed was broadcast on Barcelona’s public TV station, betevé. ✔ Crowdfunding and directing a short film depicting the personal cost of mass tourism during the housing crisis in Barcelona. Endorsed by Tourism Concern this film has gone on to be shown at several conferences in Europe and Brazil and resulted in me being asked to speak before the European Young Leaders Seminar as they brainstormed for legislative changes in the travel industry. Stories have the power to change aspects of the world. This has been the compass of my career for the past 7+ years. From my background in History and Archeology to working for international development programs in Asia and charities in the UK, to fulfilling various roles as DOP / camera operator and editor, my blend of skillsets and experience enables me to capture a strong narrative. Today, I am bent on helping grassroots organizations, charities and even start-up brands execute their creative vision and get their unique ethos across. A large majority of a film’s success is the team behind it and this is why I’ve co-founded Neon Lake Productions. Here, I actively collaborate with other creatives in unleashing the potential of documentary-styled content to create dialogue and connect with audiences on a deeper level. If you would like to know how we can creatively scale your stories or brand message, message me here to start a conversation, or contact me at: ✍ firstname.lastname@example.org ++++++ Areas of Expertise: Documentary Filmmaking ● Camera Operations ● Pre and Post Production ● Brand Development ● Leading Production and Technical Crews ● Strategic Partnerships ● Facilitating Interviews and Focus Groups ●Cinematography ●Content Ideation and Development ● Video Editing (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Da Vinci Resolve) ● Creative Brand Development ● Visual Design (Adobe Creative Suite) ● Copywriting ● Website Development
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in collaboration with Devex - The ripple effects of investment in WASHI edited this video of Peter O'Connor, director of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Section at Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade, explaining why WASH is fundamental to all human development. So far this video has had over 90k views online https://twitter.com/devex/status/1409360912733986818
- Hilton Foundation in collaboration with Devex - Why ethical storytelling mattersI worked as a contract editor to help share a conversation between Moky Makura, director of Africa No Filter, & Marshall Stowell, vice president of partnerships, advocacy, & communications at the Conrad. N. Hilton Foundation, on why & how storytelling in the charity sector needs to change.
- Getting the word out on WASHI worked as a contracted editor on 'Getting the word out on WASH' a video where experts in the sector came together to share insights into how given that WASH is just one of many competing priorities on current global agendas, WASH organizations can ensure the issue resonates with those who can help advance progress.
- How Rwanda is spearheading efforts to tackle mental healthAround 12% of people in sub-Saharan Africa live with a mental illness such as depression, anxiety, bipolar, eating disorders, schizophrenia, and alcohol and drug use disorders — a figure that’s likely to be higher following COVID-19. In Rwanda, the percentage of people with a mental illness is thought to be above the regional average and the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi may be a major contributing factor. Rwanda has taken steps to make the provision of mental health services a priority. A ye
+ View all
Co-founderNeon Lake Productions
Neon Lake Productions is an independent production company based in Barcelona. We specialise in documentary storytelling, shedding light on social issues and delving into interesting cultural phenomena. We always have an ear to the ground for exciting documentary prospects and we work regularly with exciting brands and organisations to create engaging visual content. We have a keen interest in all facets of the audiovisual world, established and emerging, and are always looking to collaborate with like-minded creators.
- Barcelona, SpainFull Time
• Tackled difficult subjects such as homelessness, disability and mental health for both short and feature length documentaries for online publication and television broadcast. • Producing award-winning documentaries in Spanish all the way from initial research through to the final edit. • Experienced editor in both Final Cut and Adobe Premiere.
+ Show more
- SEO Copywriting
- Creative Copywriting
- Presentation Design
- Wordpress Design
- Wordpress Development
- Camera op
- Video Director
- Branded Content