Among my proudest achievements to date are: ✔ Co-directing a series of short films for BCN Més 'Heroes Anonimos' series for Otoxo Production. Of these L'estoc was chosen as the winner for Best Documentary at Paris Play Film Festival, ahead of feature length productions in the same category and Street Talk was selected for the Bibliocurts and Visionaria Film Festivals of 2017. ✔ The feature film, Todo por Jugar which I co-directed was broadcast on Barcelona’s public TV station, betevé. ✔ Crowdfunding and directing a short film depicting the personal cost of mass tourism during the housing crisis in Barcelona. Endorsed by Tourism Concern this film has gone on to be shown at several conferences in Europe and Brazil and resulted in me being asked to speak before the European Young Leaders Seminar as they brainstormed for legislative changes in the travel industry. Stories have the power to change aspects of the world. This has been the compass of my career for the past 7+ years. From my background in History and Archeology to working for international development programs in Asia and charities in the UK, to fulfilling various roles as DOP / camera operator and editor, my blend of skillsets and experience enables me to capture a strong narrative. Today, I am bent on helping grassroots organizations, charities and even start-up brands execute their creative vision and get their unique ethos across. A large majority of a film’s success is the team behind it and this is why I’ve co-founded Neon Lake Productions. Here, I actively collaborate with other creatives in unleashing the potential of documentary-styled content to create dialogue and connect with audiences on a deeper level. If you would like to know how we can creatively scale your stories or brand message, message me here to start a conversation, or contact me at: ✍ firstname.lastname@example.org ++++++ Areas of Expertise: Documentary Filmmaking ● Camera Operations ● Pre and Post Production ● Brand Development ● Leading Production and Technical Crews ● Strategic Partnerships ● Facilitating Interviews and Focus Groups ●Cinematography ●Content Ideation and Development ● Video Editing (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Da Vinci Resolve) ● Creative Brand Development ● Visual Design (Adobe Creative Suite) ● Copywriting ● Website Development
- The future of development finance: financing the COVID-19 recovery beyondThe current COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the fragility of economies across all income spectrums – from France and the United States to Bangladesh and Nigeria – the economic consequences of the virus can be felt almost everywhere. Soaring health expenses, losses in income from exports, and ripple effects from nation-wide lockdowns have not only caused markets to plummet but also raised concerns about aid budgets being cut in the years to come. The current crisis has highlighted – more than
- How Rwanda is spearheading efforts to tackle mental healthAround 12% of people in sub-Saharan Africa live with a mental illness such as depression, anxiety, bipolar, eating disorders, schizophrenia, and alcohol and drug use disorders — a figure that’s likely to be higher following COVID-19. In Rwanda, the percentage of people with a mental illness is thought to be above the regional average and the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi may be a major contributing factor. Rwanda has taken steps to make the provision of mental health services a priority. A ye
- Happy Naked PeopleAcross the world over 70 communities gather annually to cycle nude through the streets. Happy Naked People explores their passionate stand for road safety, body positivity and climate change awareness as well as the challenges riding in the nude can present depending on your postcode.
- Breaking down cleft surgery stigma in KenyaI worked as a contracted video editor on this piece with Devex that follows the story of Fridah Mueni who gave birth to a baby with a cleft lip in a village in rural Kenya. Social stigma led her to hide her baby from members of her village until a local community health volunteer helped her to understand the importance of bringing her child to the hospital for surgery, despite the myths that prevail around the condition in her community. You can read the full story here: http://reports.devex.co
- A journey to cleft care in the PhilippinesI worked as a contracted video editor for Devex on this piece as part of their Healthy Access series about universal health coverage. In this video Devex follow the story of Arvie Papa’s cleft lip operation which took less than 30 minutes but was a year in the making. Under the Philippine law all citizens will be enrolled in the country’s national health insurance program. But there’s currently a gap between the ambitions of the law and reality, where access and insurance coverage challenges r
- Bringing ultrasounds to the bedside in RwandaI worked as a contracted video editor with Devex on this branded documentary piece to tell the story of a unique ultrasound training program led by nonprofit organization PURE (Point-of-Care Ultrasound in Resource-limited Environments) in Rwanda. PURE pairs resident doctors with emergency physicians based all over the world. To facilitate this mentorship program, in 2018 PURE teamed up with health technology company Philips with the idea of using Philips integrated tele-ultrasound solution, Lumi
+ View all
Co-founderNeon Lake Productions
Neon Lake Productions is an independent production company based in Barcelona. We specialise in documentary storytelling, shedding light on social issues and delving into interesting cultural phenomena. We always have an ear to the ground for exciting documentary prospects and we work regularly with exciting brands and organisations to create engaging visual content. We have a keen interest in all facets of the audiovisual world, established and emerging, and are always looking to collaborate with like-minded creators.
- Barcelona, SpainFull Time
• Tackled difficult subjects such as homelessness, disability and mental health for both short and feature length documentaries for online publication and television broadcast. • Producing award-winning documentaries in Spanish all the way from initial research through to the final edit. • Experienced editor in both Final Cut and Adobe Premiere.
+ Show more
- SEO Copywriting
- Creative Copywriting
- Presentation Design
- Wordpress Design
- Wordpress Development
- Camera op
- Video Director
- Branded Content