Freelance publicist, content writer and social media coordinator with a demonstrated history of experience in the entertainment and publishing industry. Passionate about creating and designing well-researched and engaging visual and written content. Highly skilled in social media marketing and management, SEO and client communications as well as completing general administrative tasks. A proficient user of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator etc) and Microsoft Office.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Liaise with different publishing houses and authors to devise bespoke plans to promote their new releases and publications such as organising blog tours, reaching out to fellow bloggers and members of the press to schedule reviews and interviews, arranging advertisements and conducting publicity campaigns across the web • Using social media effectively to promote releases to meet client targets and deadlines • Skilled with CMS (WordPress, Blogspot, etc) and basic HTML • Composing press releases, newsletters and other promotional materials on Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office • Built up a strong contact list within the entertainment and publishing industry featuring key press individuals • Experience using the likes of Google Drive, Google Docs, Mailchimp, Hootsuite and Canva
• Run and edit my own literature and lifestyle blog and manage the relevant social channels • Composing and editing written and visual content covering everything from book releases and reviews, event launches, brand and product reviews, interviews, travel writing and other various lifestyle topics • Contributed lifestyle articles for Metro Online and the University of Bristol's independent student newspaper Epigram • Conduct my own photography, writing, image/video editing on Adobe Suite, admin and website management • Communicating with brands and publishing houses to produce written and visual content that shines a spotlight on diverse voices within the literary community and champion female-focused stories • Oversee and plan photography and film shoots to produce visual content (styling, location scouting, etc) • My work has been quoted and featured in online publications and in physical copies of the books themselves
• Designed and composed press releases for new novels from authors such as Kathy Reichs, Katie Fforde and David Vann using Microsoft Office and Photoshop • Using my blogger experience, I was able to assist in planning and executing press campaigns and events and built strong contacts in the entertainment, marketing and press industries that I continue to utilise • Communicated with journalists, fellow bloggers and other press to arrange the mailing of advanced copies and invitations as well as responding to social media queries • Using Biblio, Gorkana as well as CRM to compile regular publicity updates and press releases as well as researching and tracking hype around their books across different social media platforms before compiling my findings into a report • Responsible for using company social media to promote releases to followers and create content that would potentially draw in new readers keeping the ‘Penguin’ voice and tone • Performed admin tasks; keeping up correspondence with centre staff and clients, answering phones, liaising with members of the press, dealing with post, sorting newspaper coverage, filing important documents, taking minutes in meetings and organising events for centre staff to attend, including travel and accommodation, eating arrangements and creating an agenda
• Creating engaging, interesting and viral entertainment related content in order to grow web and social media presence • Staying on top of the latest trends and news in regard to books, films, television and music and reporting about them on a regular basis in a clear, concise way that reflected the publication’s tone and voice • Extensively researching information and statistics for articles, I ensured the work I produced was of an excellent, highly professional standard as expected from any news publication • Assisted with copywriting and editing articles as well as conducting and booking in interviews with clients, public figures and industry professionals via email, phone, Skype and in-person as well as responding to reader queries via social media
• A-Levels achieved in English Literature, Classical Civilisation, Religious Studies • A* (90%) in the English Extended Project Qualification, a voluntary independent research project, where I produced a 12,000-word dissertation analysing 1950s America, the socioeconomic impact of The Cold War and the era's attitudes towards mental health in relation to Sylvia Plath’s 'The Bell Jar'
• GCSEs achieved in English Literature, English Language, French, History, Religious Studies, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Welsh