Hoi! I'm a Creative Director, Senior Copywriter and aspiring Screenwriter. But mostly I love ideas. Getting conceptual excites me, whether that's through building a brand platform or pitching a script. Because there's nothing more satisfying than to dig into a thought, a problem, or a question and tenderly nurturing the solution into its wondrously creative life. I started my advertising career in London, working for indie agencies on everything from big-budget TV campaigns to charity activations. Tasty ideas, weird ideas, world-saving ideas, I hungrily tried them all. I also joined a choir, became addicted to making pom-poms and started a music video screening night. Because why not? In 2018 I hopped over the channel to Amsterdam where my ideas went global at 72andSunny. A pup-up grooming salon for dogs and their humans? Coming right up. Upcycled delivery bags turned into streetwear to keep your vegan nuggets warm? Sure, why not. Working from mainland Europe, I realised that the world was my bitterballen. Then things got weirder. In a post-covid era, I set out as a freelancer and teamed up with my dream woman, Wendy Richardson. Together we've shared ideas with London, Amsterdam, New York. Winning pitches and making friends along the way. Fancy a chat? Nice idea.
- Like Meat - So Good, It's GoodAgency: 72andSunny Amsterdam. Vegan brand Like Meat needed an all new platform for their delicious plant-based products. Our strategy focused on communicating the win-win nature of choosing food that tastes good while doing good. That’s where ‘So Good It’s Good’ was born, promoting Like Meat as the indulgent vegan brand that’s all pleasure and no guilt. We launched the platform with a suite of key images shot by Bon Appetit favourite Alex Lau in New York. Plus, a whole host of headlines an
- Etsy - Why Buy Boring?Etsy needed a follow up to their beautiful 2019 Christmas campaign, and a proposition that would remind shoppers the site is great for more than just seasonal gifts. Working closely with the New York team, we bought ‘Why Buy Boring?’ to life for the US and UK markets, creating 8 films in total plus a suite of social assets. Directed by the incredible Malik Vitthal. And we proved it is humanly possible to remote shoot in LA from Amsterdam for 4 nights. Success! Co-created with Wendy Richardso
- Grubhub - We Serve RestaurantsAgency: 72andSunny New York. Grubhub wanted to thank restaurants for their hard work during the pandemic, while also differentiating themselves from their competitors. We created the platform ‘We Serve Restaurants’ to write a love letter to the real people that keep Grubhub going: the restaurants. Because after all, without grub we’d just be…hub? The campaign launched with a 60s TVC and multiple social assets, plus OOH and an ongoing commitment by Grubhub to the Restaurant Strong Fund. Direc
- McDonald's - It's a Family ThingAgency: Wieden + Kennedy London. We helped launch a shiny new platform for the McDonald’s family brand - ‘It’s a Family Thing’. Coming in at the production end of the project, we weathered the tail end of COVID to produce a couple of TVCs and some digital assets for Maccie’s in Canada. (Shout out to Wendy for single handedly managing the shoot when the entire team got quarantined!) Directed by Alex Hulsey. Co-created with Wendy Richardson, Michelle Lim & Andrea Li.
- Klarna "Who's a Good Shopper?" Pup-upSwedish bank Klarna wanted to tap into the million dollar pet retail market in the USA, so we teamed up with The Glue Society to create the world’s first ‘Pup-up’ grooming salon for dogs AND their owners. Over three days we invited some of the hottest doggies on the inter webs to step onto the stylists plinth, working with a photographer to capture glamorous headshots of all the finished doggle-ganger looks. We also created an out of home campaign, including a dog friendly mural with real che
+ View all
Projects credited in
- This International Women’s Day, meet the 200 Women Redefining the Creative Industry in 2018Discover our 2020 list here This International Women's Day, we asked influential icons to nominate 10 trailblazing women who they believe are redefining the creator landscape. The result? A unique and incredible list of 200 trailblazing women breaking barriers and inspiring change! Only 36% of jobs in the creative sector are currently filled by women. At the top of the tree there’s an even bigger problem - women make up only 11% of Creative Directors. In an attempt to change this, our month-lo165
Creative Director / Senior CopywriterSarah Hardcastle BV
Freelance Senior /CD creative team with Wendy Richardson. Past clients: Wieden + Kennedy London Saatchi & Saatchi London 72andSunny New York We Are Pi Amsterdam AKQA Amsterdam
Amsterdam, NetherlandsFull Time
In 2018 I made the move to Amsterdam to join the brilliant team at 72andSunny. As a writer, I primarily worked on the eBay account for the UK and DE market. With eBay UK in 2018 we successfully made it through to the final round of the Channel 4 Diversity Prize - pitching to a panel of judges from Channel 4. I also brought to life two campaigns for Swedish bank Klarna - including the world's first canine-human grooming salon in NYC and a home shopping channel show starring Celeste Barber. Internally, my time was also spent writing for Google both on the software and hardware arms of the business. In 2020 I was part of the pitch team that secured Unilever backed vegan food company Like Meat.
+ Show more
- Creative Strategy
- Creative Direction
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Script Writer
+ Show more