Having fulfilled certain goals in my career to date, I am now eager to develop my experience both personally and professionally in an environment that will best utilise my skills whilst expanding my current knowledge and understanding of the industry.
I was head hunted with the purpose to improve and ensure compliancy across all areas of operation at both venues and began the process of review and implementation in January 2017. - Introduce and implement the company forecast and budget procedure in order to provide monthly targets across both the music and corporate departments. - Work alongside the Financial Director to prepare and issue the new financial targets for 2018. - Review and improve all aspects of operation to include (but not limited to): Venue Management training, Security management, bar operations and stock control, cash handling and reporting, H&S policy and practice, HR policy and procedure. - Introduce an effective stock taking system. - Effectively lead and manage all operational staff inclusive of all full time employed managers and casual employees. - Negotiate all branding sponsorship deals for the company.
- Project manage and act as General Manager and licensee of seasonal pop up event Brixton Roof Top; a 1000 capacity themed site, hosting music-led events with additional food offering. In Barserve’s first term running the site we achieved a gross profit in excess of £430,000.00 across just 16 weeks of summer trade. - Manage and host the VIP areas of 51st State and Moondance Festival. - Act as Bar Manager on site as required per event.
On taking over the role of GBM, The Jazz Cafe exceeded its annual budget twice and was set to achieve it for the third consecutive year having previously performed below target. - Manage all aspects of the day to day business whilst ensuring maximum commercial value of the venue diary, box office, bars and restaurant. - Deliver the venue budget ahead of forecast on an event by event basis, monthly and annually. - Act as licensee to the venue ensuring that all statutory requirements are discharged according to legislation. - Oversee the management of the venue diary ensuring the suitability of all events in line with the company brand whist minimising the number of ‘down days’. - Effectively support all internal shows with the appropriate marketing and social media support required to achieve maximum profitability through ticket sales. - Maintain strong working relations with external promoters, agents, artist management and artists. - Effectively lead and motivate a team of full time management staff; including the bookings and marketing team, operations department, bars, kitchen and restaurant and technical manager. - Oversee the management of all casual workers including bar, kitchen, front of house and box office. Free-lance staff and contractors to include recruitment, training and any necessary HR dissemination of anywhere up to 50 staff on a day to day basis. - Deliver a bespoke, modern British menu amended seasonally and consistently served to a high standard.
- Assist the Bars Management team in the set up and running of the festival bars. - Manage the Lovebox VIP area to include guests, sponsored bars and artist areas. - On show days manage specific volume bars where required. Lovebox / Wilderness / Global Gathering / We R FSTVL / Citadel / Somersault
- Project Manage the guest areas to deliver a high quality bar service for all guests to include the paying areas, all externally sponsored bars, all back stage areas and The Live Nation Experience; servicing up to 1000 clients per show day. - (Total areas inclusive up to 3500 customers per day.) - Manage all stock orders and continued on site stock control to include daily cash reconciliations and management of all relevant staff. - Manage all staff recruitment and necessary training to ensure a high level of customer service. - Deliver a bespoke cocktail menu designed specifically per show. Events included: Download | Sonisphere | Wireless | Hard Rock Calling | Madonna | Kings of Leon | Arcade Fire | Hyde Park Olympic Ceremony events.
- Assume responsibility for the day to day running of the multi faceted venue including the ground floor pub and restaurant, first floor club space and outdoor roof terrace. - Oversee the venue refurb with a view to increasing the daily turnover of the pub and create a food offering relevant to the local area and customer base. - Manage the club diary to maximum potential for weekend trade. - Manage all accounts to deliver within budget and in order to achieve target. - Oversee the recruitment and ongoing training of staff within all operational departments. - Act as licensee and DPS to the venue.
- Oversee all aspects of events associated with the station from the point of creation to on the night event management. - Programme current and relevant line ups for shows on all scales. - Deliver the event within budget to ensure a profit per show. - Manage all associated marketing to increase potential ticket sales. - Liaise with artist agents and venue management to maintain strong working relations with all external parties.
- Act as licensee during operational hours. - Assume responsibility of venue manager whilst on duty, overseeing all staff to include security, bars, box office and technical teams. - Ensure the smooth running of the venue at all times where necessary liaising with the local authorities. - Liaise with all artists on arrival and during show performance, again to ensure smooth running of the venue but also to further secure long standing relations between the venue, the artists, promoters and management. - Assist in programming certain shows with a view to developing the night / brand.
- Provide effective support to the Managing Director in his day-to-day running of the venue and associated businesses. - Liaise with all external clients and subsequent bookings to manage Heavens venue diary. - Duty Manage all external bookings acting as licensee of Heaven to include corporate events, live gigs, sit down dinners, club nights and more; facilitating the client’s needs from initial show round to completion of event. - Manage and facilitate all levels of operation at The Renaissance Rooms, accepting complete accountability for the safe and responsible running of the 2000 + capacity venue. - Manage The Renaissance Rooms venue diary to maximum potential in order to achieve budget To include: Heaven Nightclub I The Renaissance Rooms I The Players Lounge, Bar & Kitchen I The Buzz Bar
First Class Honours Degree