Scott Balmer is a freelance illustrator currently based in the UK, who solves problems of the visual nature. He has produced work for numerous clients and has had his work shown in galleries around the world. Clients include: The New York Times – Konami Europe – Fangamer – Monocle – M & C Saatchi – The Guardian – MIT Technology Review – Computer Arts – Digital Artist Magazine – University of Toronto Magazine – Nokia – Readers Digest – Umbro – Howies – Bloomberg BusinessWeek - Boston Magazine - Gallery 1988 - Paramount Pictures
- Why the internet is no substitute to Folk Wisdom - BBC Science FocusI made this illustration for the October issue of BBC Science Focus for the Aleks Krotoski column talking about the traditions and culture of folk wisdom and how in the age of the internet where misinformation is rampant there is nothing like this seen online but only from real world cultures.
- A Nice Cup of Tea - BBC Science FocusHere’s an illustration for the September issue of BBC Science Focus for the Aleks Krotoski column talking about the shortages in UK super markets, could this lead to shortages of the nation’s favourite beverage #illustration #illo #editorial #editorialillustration #vector #vectorart #vectorillustration #affinity #affinitydesigner #affinitydesigneripad #tea #kettle #workers #retro #retroillustration
- Why we need Cold, Hard, Cash - BBC Science FocusIn the latest issue of @bbcsciencefocus you’ll see my latest Illo for the Aleks Krotoski column talking about the move to a cashless society will push out the most vulnerable members of our society and why there still is a need for cold hard cash #illustration #illo #editorial #editorialillustration #editorialillustrator #magazineillustration #newspaperillustration #cards #people #vector #affinity #affinitydesigner #affinitydesigneripad #society
- The Road Warrior - Crazy 4 Cult 15This is my contribution to Gallery 1988's annual art show Crazy 4 Cult 15 where artwork is made based on pop culture films which have gotten a cult status over the years. I based my artwork on the movie The Road Warrior (also known as Mad Max 2) with an interior view of the interceptor while Max looks on to the refinery in the distance. This piece is available as a series of prints and can be bought on Gallery 1988's online store: https://nineteeneightyeight.com/collections/cult15/products/sc
- Guiding Star - BBC Science FocusHere’s the latest illustration for BBC Science Focus for the Aleks Krotoski column talking about filming a recent documentary about disabled athletes where the guide on set is a support runner for visually impaired track and field runners and how rewarding it is to be involved #illustration #illo #editorial #editorialillustration #editorialillustrator #magazineillustration #newspaperillustration #olympics #athletes #running
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Fabrik Conditioner 19.05Creativity from across the Fabrik community featuring Poppy France, Scott Balmer, Alex Tillman, Chi San Wan, Henry Scholfield, Jamie Whitby, Electric Lime, Thom Gurdjian, Arnaud Giacomini, Xcopy, Evaldas Cesnavicius, Belinda Colozzi, Mitchell Stuart, Elliott Wilcox, Summer Agnew and Colin Solal Cardo.