Scott Balmer is a freelance illustrator currently based in the UK, who solves problems of the visual nature. He has produced work for numerous clients and has had his work shown in galleries around the world. Clients include: The New York Times – Konami Europe – Fangamer – Monocle – M & C Saatchi – The Guardian – MIT Technology Review – Computer Arts – Digital Artist Magazine – University of Toronto Magazine – Nokia – Readers Digest – Umbro – Howies – Bloomberg BusinessWeek - Boston Magazine - Gallery 1988 - Paramount Pictures
- Made this Illo for the latest issue of BBC Science Focus for Aleks Krotoski’s column talking about 1993s eternal September which saw an influx of new people on the web via AOL signups causing a rift in net etiquette with the old guard and how in these modern times maybe the new ways aren’t that bad as they appear to older netizens #illustration #illo #editorial #editorialillustration #editorialillustrator #newspaperillustration #magazineillustration #editorialart
- This illustration was made for German newspaper Die Zeit for an article talking about Boris Johnson and his relationship with the BBC. The British prime minister and his conservative party are setting their sights on how the BBC reports them in the news and what options they have so that they could mould the independent broadcaster to fit their own political view point. My illustration appeared in the Thursday edition (24th of September) for anyone who what’s to seek it out.
- Made this illustration for BBC Science Focus based on the Aleks Krotoski column talking about going back to school after lockdown and how we need to deal with the anxiety it may cause for not only students but the teachers as well. https://www.sciencefocus.com/comment/we-need-to-support-teachers-who-have-to-deal-with-anxious-parents/
- Made this Illo for BBC Science Focus for the Aleks Krotoski column talking about how things can’t go back to the pre-Covid ways and how caution is still necessary https://www.sciencefocus.com/comment/we-have-no-right-to-return-to-pre-covid-ways-of-being-it-will-put-our-communities-in-danger/
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Creativity from across the Fabrik community featuring Poppy France, Scott Balmer, Alex Tillman, Chi San Wan, Henry Scholfield, Jamie Whitby, Electric Lime, Thom Gurdjian, Arnaud Giacomini, Xcopy, Evaldas Cesnavicius, Belinda Colozzi, Mitchell Stuart, Elliott Wilcox, Summer Agnew and Colin Solal Cardo.