Experienced, multi-skilled Designer specialising in licensing, homewares, accessories, stationery, packaging, toy and gift. Winner of Contemporary Gift of the Year 2020 for Host Your Own Escape Room, shortlisted for IPSE's New to Freelancing Award in 2019 and named as part of the Toy News’ 30 under 30 most talented people in the industry to look out for in 2016 I design every element that gets a product to market. This includes the product itself, packaging, graphics, branding and marketing collateral. With knowledge working with retailers, wholesalers, licensees & licensors, I can help your business evolve and reach that next level. It's like hiring one person and getting a team of designers instead!
- Trolls World Tour StationeryWorking with the Universal Brand Development team in their London HQ, I was asked to design stationery concepts that will be presented to Universal's global partners at the 2019 Las Vegas Licensing Expo. The concepts and presentations would also be included in the style guides issued to global partners, and these would become the templates for how Universal wanted to take the Trolls brand forward. In essence, I was asked to visualise what the film franchise would look like in product form. In
- Host Your Own Escape RoomTalking Tables approached me in the middle of 2018 to help bring a fresh new look to some of their ranges which were aiming to be sold late-2019. One range in particular that stood out was their new idea for an Escape Room game that could be played in anyone's home. I was tasked with designing the packaging and componentry that would go inside the box. With the game set in Tokyo, I researched Japanese graphic trends and set out to design the game to look authentic and mysterious. This game wen
- Trolls World Tour Accessories & PartywareWorking with the Universal Brand Development team in their London HQ, I was asked to design accessories and partyware concepts that will be presented to Universal's global partners at the 2019 Las Vegas Licensing Expo. The concepts and presentations would also be included in the style guides issued to global partners, and these would become the templates for how Universal wanted to take the Trolls brand forward. In essence, I was asked to visualise what the film franchise would look like in prod
- 2018 Christmas Shop for Marks & SpencerStarting in September 2017, I was asked to lead the design direction on M&S' Christmas product offering and what the Christmas Shop was going to look like in 2018. This encompassed not only gift-related products (which was the team I was in at the time), but all of the products in Home and overlapping departments (such as Beauty, Womenswear & Food). Working closely with the leadership team, we set out to create an environment that inspired the customer and helped make purchasing decisions easy
- Stationery & Accessories for The Disney StoreWorking in collaboration with UK Creative, I was asked to design stationery and accessories for The Disney Store ready in time for Disney's film releases in 2019. This included the highly anticipated The Lion King movie alongside Aladdin, Spider-Man and even old classics such as Hercules and The Little Mermaid. By researching the latest product trends and working closely with the buyers and suppliers, I was able to design a range of stationery and accessories that expanded on the stories and br
- Bear Valley Co - Visual Marketing, Packaging & Image EditsBear Valley Co came to me around the COVID-19 pandemic wanting help with their visual marketing. Whilst they already had professional photography of their products, they were all on a plain white background. So what they needed was something more impactful in order to boost sales. I worked with the team closely and initially created two graphic-based images that they could use for advertising and their website. The response on the images was so good they then commissioned me to create the imag
+ View all
Freelance DesignerNBC Universal
London, United KingdomFreelance
Working in their brand development team at Universal HQ, I was brought in to be the hardlines designer creating style guides and product inspiration that inspired licensees and potential licensees to develop products for licenses under the Universal umbrella. I also collaborated with brands such as Wilkinson Sword, Walkers, Nespresso and Room Copenhagen to create marketing campaigns around Universal's global licenses.
Freelance DesignerTalking Tables
London, United KingdomFreelance
Working closely with their Product Development team, I design travel accessories and paper-based games that featured in many of the large retailers such as John Lewis, Selfridges and Liberty London in 2019 and 2020. One of my designs - Host Your Own Escape Room - won Contemporary Gift of the Year in 2020.
+ Show more
- Industrial Design
- Product Design
- Solid Works
- Design Innovation
- Graphic Design
- Packaging Design
Contemporary Gift of the Year 2020 - Host Your Own Escape RoomThe Giftware AssociationIn collaboration with Talking Tables, our Host Your Own Escape Room won its category of Contemporary Gift at The Gift of the Year Awards. Trapped inside a cinema in the heart of Tokyo, you must use lateral thinking to work your way out before one hour is up. Solve the sequence of riddles, clues and conundrums to crack codes and escape the room before time runs out. You’ll find all you need to host an evening of fun like no other from the comfort of your own home. It includes everything you need to host your own escape room in your very own home plus an interactive ending.
New to Freelancing FinalistIPSEFinalist for IPSE's New to Freelancing Award 2019 based on my first year's work as a freelancer. Freelancing has grown massively over the last 10 years and the self-employed now add £275bn to the economy every year. These awards recognise the independent professionals who lead their fields, adding creativity, innovation, diversity and entrepreneurial energy to our society and economy.
+ Show more