Sebastian is a London based director and photographer passionate about telling poetic and visually engaging narratives. Self-taught in photography and film editing, he has developed into a director with a love for subtle nuances, details and the technical craft of filmmaking. An avid student of film and film history, his filmmaking also leans on elements from his cultural background, as well as his love of photography, art, music and sound. Seb is committed to developing compelling and authentic narratives rich in dramatic detail and beauty. With a tendency to let the performances and the action develop within their space; Sebastian’s films allow you to take your own emotional journey.
- Rambert Dance in Peaky Blinders - The Redemption of Thomas ShelbySebastian Whyte directs the powerful and beautifully crafted promo for Rambert Dance in Peaky Blinders - The Redemption of Thomas Shelby. The Redemption of Thomas Shelby is a live dance theatre event written by Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight and choreographed and directed by Rambert's Artistic Director Benoit Swan Pouffer. The show opens at the Birmingham Hippodrome in September 2022, then will tour the UK from October until March 2023.
- Note to SelfWe build an hour, a day, a lifetime on what we can remember. So what do we become, when we forget? A trailer for Note to Self, the RAMBERT2 livestream from the creative mind of Choreographer and Rambert Artistic Director, Benoit Swan Pouffer. Actress - Karlina Grace-Paseda Dancers - Rambert2 Director - Sebastian Whyte Artistic Director /Choreographer - Benoit Swan Pouffer Senior Rehearsal Director - Matthew Rich DP - Joseph Hofmann 1st AC - Courtney Andrews 2nd AC - Valentina Catenacci Colo
- World Health Organisation - Changemakers in HealthSebastian Whyte directs a powerful spoken word short film for the World Health Organisation. The personal experiences and stories of health workers around the world are expressed poetically in this simple yet poignant film. The three actors shift between characters as they tell of the often heartbreaking situations these health workers find themselves in around the world. Commissioned by the World Health Organisation, writers (and creative directors) Sarah Sutcliffe and Danny Sheinmann crafted
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH - Dave, UKTVSeb Whyte directs a series of beautiful and hilarious interstitials created for UKTV’s DAVE specifically for Black history month, celebrating Black comedic talent, featuring Big Zuu, Thanyia Moore, Dane Baptiste, Ola Labib, Darren Harriott, Kemah Bob, Sophie Ducker, Jason Forbes and Ivo Graham.
Film DirectorWhispering Rebel
London, United KingdomFreelance
Direct films, TVC, branded content, and music videos for brands and artists. Clients include: UKTV, Together TV, Nissan, TFL, Ballet Rambert and The World Health Organisation. .
+ Show more
- Creative Direction
- Brand Content
- Video Directing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Art Direction
- Film Directing
- Film Editing
Filmmaking and The Creative Economy MAKingston University
- Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
MA Filmmaking & Creative Economy Passed with Distinction