Eclectic interest in various forms of digital marketing, content creation and audience engagement both from a personal and commercial viewpoint. Former Account Manager on the Digital team at multi award-winning, creative PR agency Taylor Herring working with clients such as William Hill, Sky, Diageo, 20th Century Fox, Tesco, Paddy Power, BBC, Samsung to name a few. Now all about content, audience development and leading the social media and digital strategy at Red Bull UK. Twitter: @shaneil_patel
- Polar Bear in London - Sky FortitudeSky Atlantic wanted to create an intriguing spectacle to drive excitement and intrique around their hotly anticipated arctic crime drama ‘Fortitude’. We wanted to create a talking point that would run from social media to mainstream news while prompting curiosity among viewers for whom drama would not normally be their thing. The Campaign 48 hours before the launch of the show an 8 ft long, fully animated ‘adult male polar bear’ was unleashed onto the streets of London. The bear was spotted
- Captain Wes MorganLeicester City Captain Wes Morgan signs for Captain Morgan [Capitalising on the most talked about sporting event of the year] Overview Taylor Herring were briefed to come up with an idea for Captain Morgan social media channels to capitalise on Leicester City’s (inevitable and unbelievable) 5,000-to-1 Premier League triumph. The focus was in particular on their club captain Wes Morgan – the Foxes very own Captain Morgan! Creative Leicester City’s storm to the top was steered by their leader. The winning creative was designed to capitalise on the social media conversations which were guaranteed to happen as soon as Leicester City were champions and became the most talked about sporting story of the year - The underdog who became a champion. The creative focussed on Wes Morgan becoming the new Captain Morgan and face of the spirit brand. A mock up label was designed replacing famous red and white buccaneer with an image of the defender dressed as Captain Morgan in royal blue and white robes to match Leicester City’s home kit. The label was completed with a football replacing the treasure chest and Wes Morgan’s own signature. The special limited edition bottle would be a salute to Wes Morgan and a social strategy was developed to be implemented at the moment Leicester were crowned champions utilising the hashtag #OnlyOneCaptainMorgan and becoming part of the online conversation as Leicester City fans bathed in their team’s preposterous victory! As soon as Leicester were crowned champions Captain Morgan sent a tweet to Wes Morgan. His almost instantaneous reply requesting a bottle for himself sent the tweet viral with it being retweeted over 9,000 times. #OnlyOneCaptainMorgan started trending within 3 hours of Leicester City winning the Barclay’s Premier League. Following the success of the Tweet and resulting, it was decided that the bottles would be fast tracked into production with fans being able to win them via a competition on the Captain Morgan social media channels. The demand from fans was phenomenal. A press release was sent out announcing that Captain Wes Morgan was the new face of Captain Morgan capitalising on all of the media interest in Leicester City’s rags to riches story. The Results Over 57 pieces of coverage including 5 national print pieces 9 million Twitter impressions on #OnlyOneCaptainMorgan The greatest sporting achievement of all time Delirious and ecstatic Leicester City fans nationwide
- THE SEARCH FOR BRITAIN'S UTTER CRUNCHY NUTTEROverview: Kellogg’s Europe briefed us to help them launch a nationwide hunt to find the UK’s biggest Crunchy Nut fan. The campaign was to be launched on Facebook encouraging people all over the UK to send in their applications to be crowned Britain’s ‘Utter Crunchy Nutter’ and win a year’s supply of the cereal. Three candidates would be chosen from all the entries and would be afforded the opportunity to come to London to take part in a filmed day of challenges. The Brief: Our brief was to devise, script and film three daring tasks for the candidates to participate in. The action would take place in a West London supermarket, captured by our hidden cameras. We enlisted the help of comedienne and self-confessed Crunchy Nut fan Ellie Taylor to front the campaign. To mark the launch of the competition we designed a photoshoot with Ellie, styled as an evil genius, mirroring the villain Blofeld from James Bond. Ellie Taylor played the role of taskmaster and gave instructions to the candidates over an ear piece. Outcome: The videos were seeded over a two week period on the Crunchy Nut Facebook page. The videos have amassed over 1.5 million views to date.
- Red Stripe Cultural InfluencersRed Stripe, the Jamaican lager beer brand, brought Taylor Herring on board at the end of 2011. We run an advocacy and influencer programme, creating content, deliver partnerships and managing social media. Our campaigns have involved collaborations with a wide variety of cutting edge artists and events - they've delivered millions of video views, acres of press coverage and engaged hundreds of thousands of people at live events. Sponsorship and Event Activation Negotiated, designed and produced a huge piece of outdoor “stubby” branded artwork - optimally located for great visibility at the KPH pub Branded Red Stripe images released to media Sourced and negotiated tactical sponsorship arrangements: Digital Sound Boy Soundsystem, Toddla T Soundsystem and Rinse FM Ensured liquid on lips at those events Branding on stage – banners/POS/merch Branding on flyers and other marketing materials Product provided to artists and influencers/backstage bar Social media mentions and interaction Photography opportunities Artist support Both events were organised and attend by key influencers Red Bull Culture Clash Red Stripe were an official drinks partner with the incredibly hotly anticipated Red Bull Culture Clash, which saw some of London’s best DJ’s all play under the same roof Red Stripe provided product to the event, and supported it on our owned social channels which resulted in high levels of engagement. Red Bull gave Red Stripe access to tickets to offer as part of a social competition, which was retweeted 57 times. Post event images featured some of the biggest names and DJ’s in London with Red Stripe branding – including Chase & Status, Rodigan, Shy FX – and were hosted on Red Bull’s website
- Sexy Kitchen PartyTaking over festivals, clubs and pop up venues across the UK, the duo known as Sexy Kitchen Party have had an unprecedented 2015 performing at Secret Garden Party, Eastern Electrics and being named a highlight of Glastonbury Festival 2015 by DJ Mag. Dressed in full chef outfits and spinning the best in old school RnB, funk, soul & disco, 80s – 00’s feel good anthems and classic house and garage the format is simple…no Sexy Kitchen Party is ever the same. With outrageous humour from their no holds barred attitude on the mic, the double act have rocked crowds across the UK and enjoyed a meteoric rise in popularity from house parties to sell out festivals in the short space of 12 months. Armed with kitchen utensils, chef hats, whipped cream and masks of their ‘idol’ Ready Steady Cook legend Ainsley Harriott, they put on a spectacle for their audience unlike any other. Not taking themselves too seriously (or in some cases at all), the pair have an infectious on stage presence. Risqué humour mixed in with the best party jams from recent times plus a variety of on stage sketches during every show, including a competition for ‘sexiest dancer’ award, means that this kitchen is more entertaining than the Great British Bake Off… and has a much superior soundtrack! Their ability to entertain, coupled with the Sexy Kitchen Party rules; the testament for those who want to have a proper party and become inherently sexy, means that the twosome have grown a legion of fans from all over the country who love to party with them. As DJ Mag commented on their set at Glastonbury 2015: “it's a long-way removed from your average dour-faced techno rave…the most fun we’ve had in a long time” which in essence sums up Sexy Kitchen Party perfectly. In short, Sexy Kitchen Party is two DJs with an extensive knowledge of all genres of music who take audiences on a nostalgic trip down memory lane to a time when music was less about the chin stroking and more about having a big fat grin on your face. Much more than just a pair of DJ’s pushing buttons. It’s a pair of DJ’s cooking up bangers. If you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
- Iron Man 3 - Home Ents releaseTo celebrate the early digital release of Iron Man 3 on blinkbox, we wanted to do something different. That’s when we happened upon Jeff Wright, an American balloon artist from Ohio. Jeff made waves earlier this year with his fantastic collection of superhero costumes made entirely from modelling balloons. After weeks of trying to contact him, we finally tracked him down to his new home in Bolivia and challenged him to create a full Iron Man suit with fewer than 500 balloons. The Coverage The blinbox release received widespread attention from some of the biggest sites online - including MSN, AOL, Mashable, Yahoo, Digital Spy and The Poke. With no seeding budget behind the film our sell-in delivered 100,000 views in the first 48 hours.
+ View all
Head of SocialRed Bull UK
London, United KingdomFull Time
Manage a team which oversee the strategy, ideation and execution of Red Bull UK’s social media activity across Sport, Culture, Music, Brand and everything in between. Day to day responsibilities: • Developing year round strategies for key audiences – Music, Culture & Sport – ensuring we are always engaging and entertaining our audience but also drawing in new fans to the brand across the 15+ channels we operate on. • Ensure Red Bull content is always available on all of the right platforms and continuously regarded as a market leading brand across social media. • Manage all paid social campaigns across Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat & Instagram. • Create platform-specific social media content for our own managed channels. • Produce moving image including Facebook Live broadcasts, 360 camera content, live cyphers and event clips - everything from 10 second ads to 5 minute hero projects to 90 minute live broadcasts. Project lead on a variety of globally relevant content formats - Studios Live & Swift 16. • Develop Red Bull Media House strategies on events, content & distribution with the Comms and Content teams. • Work with Sports & Culture team to manage all event coverage, promotion and content distribution across Red Bull's vast network of owned and managed channels. • Cover high pressure live events eg. Red Bull Soapbox Race on Dave, Red Bull Hardline, Red Bull Music Festival. • Work closely with the Global Red Bull social media team to distribute UK content to all corners of the world. • Collaborate with our influencer networks - artists, athletes, social content creators.
Account ManagerTaylor Herring
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Responsibilities include creating and implementing quick turnaround daily creative ideas in an ‘Always On’ / trend spotting capacity for clients PR and social media, writing creative press releases, managing monthly and quarterly budgets, data analytics and initial research and development for campaigns. Account management - I have overseen and managed many PR campaigns from sports clients to festivals to TV shows and music accounts for a wide range of clients such as Red Stripe, Amazon, Kellogg’s, William Hill, Tesco, Sky, Samsung & the BBC. Securing press coverage - one of my key strengths is my growing contact book from tabloid journalists and music event reviewers, to bloggers and sports reporters from across national print, web, TV and radio outlets. I am a natural syndicator of content. Press office management - I have developed and implemented long term press strategies and editorial plans for Red Stripe, Amazon and Tesco over the past 2.5 years, securing targeted and positive editorial coverage and building invaluable brand awareness across all media outlets. Video and picture production - I have planned and directed many of our viral video and picture stunt successes including Kellogg’s - Breakfast on the Move to Kwik Fit’s Kwikmas video to a photo shoot for the award winning Paddy Power World Cup 2014 campaign with Stephen Hawking. My most recent success was Victorian Living Twins Dolls for Thorpe Park and Derren Brown in early December 2015. Wider business skills - I have created pitches and won new accounts for the company, including securing the 2014/15 football PR brief for William Hill which I account managed. I am the in-house designer for the agency and responsible for producing social media and marketing reports for clients. I have passed my Google Partners exams which enables me to manage all forms of Google advertising for Taylor Herring’s clients.
- Marketing PR
- Account Management
- Brand Management
- Business Development
- Consumer PR
- Project Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Talent PR
- Media Relations
- Content and Media Writing