As a recent university graduate with diverse experience across media-oriented industries including radio, arts publishing, art galleries, fashion, and interior design and architecture, I am keen to pursue career opportunities in a wider media and cultural landscape. My international upbringing in Hong Kong, the UK and USA, together with strong language skills, have given me a global perspective, curiosity and adaptive problem solving skills, which I intend to apply to a career in arts and media. My passion for electronic music production, freelance film scoring, and curation of arts and music events has given me a strong foundation upon which to build upon and apply my skills while maintaining a balance between cultural sensitivity and commercial enterprise.
- Artist curation, bookings and relations e.g. point of contact for artists - Devising and launching digital campaigns for new projects such as June 2019 Rinse Residents - Assist in day-to-day radio production, editing and broadcasting - Schedule and devise show plans, content and social media for Rinse shows - Assist in quarterly intern programme ensuring interns are trained - Creating promotional materials with Photoshop such as artist assets and flyers - Support event planning - Greet and set up talent when visiting the studio and accommodate their requests - Assemble reports on listener analytics
- Produce original soundtracks for creative projects e.g. short films, fashion films, and live art performances
- Worked directly with founder Jill McCoy drafting creative projects - Interacted with clients by pitching design plans and accommodating requests - assisted clients from initial consultation to project completion - Built relationships with local Bay Area artists by supporting a new system that displayed their work at project sites - Oversaw completion of on-site interior design and staging projects - Created documents to keep track of company financials and take stock of warehouse inventory - Prepared brochures, presentations and documents for existing and potential clients
- Built relationships and organised contracts with the label’s first in-store and online retailers - Organised AW17 and SS18 events with international press, retailers and influencers - Ran the label’s social media platform and revised its social media strategy by implementing sponsored ads, an updated aesthetic, and new posting schedule for the Instagram account - Maintained press relationships and source new press feature opportunities by liaising directly with brand’s management office - Researched and facilitated the most cost-effective advertising opportunities with print and online media e.g. magazines Hunger, Wonderland, Teeth, Sicky, Novembre, OE etc.
- Supported general administration of the gallery - Organised open day gallery exhibition & sales events
- Assisted in the design of WOW’s environmentally sustainable concept "Hotel Room of the Future" featured at the November 2016 Sleep Set Conference in competition with five globally top-ranking architecture firms - Supported the interior design planning of a high-profile private London residence - Performed on-site visits, liaised with site managers, supported the projects’ organisation and reported directly to Office Manager Alan Lai
- Conceptualised, planned and executed creative briefs for photo shoots from concept to final print issue - Liaised with photographers, clothing designers, stylists, set designers, hair and makeup artists and model casting crew to collaborate on photo shoot concept and creation - Planned bi-annual magazine launch parties and hired local DJs - Organised speaker panels with designers, fashion entrepreneurs, bloggers and editors - Wrote editorial content for the magazine
Political Economy Major and Chinese Minor BA Bachelor of Arts (GPA 3.46)
Four A-Levels: two A*s, two As Twelve GCSEs: ten A*s, two As