I am a most interested in bringing people to places and creating memorable moments at events which people can capture and allow others to experience through sharing. I love meeting and speaking to new people and helping them connect the dots be it through assisting them with their professional development or supporting them find their next steps within the creative industry, be it through research or networking. My love for talking has let to me strengthening me skills to become an engaging and confident facilitator at varied workshop events. I approach any task creatively from ideation to problem solving - with a keen eye for detail. Outside of this - I love music and hope to one day implement, design and develop amazing events that connect people to music and places.
Projects credited in
- Creativity Works - Visual Storytelling with Magnum PhotosThis work was produced during a 6-week intensive photography course with Create Jobs and Magnum Photos. Photographs were produced in fulfilment of a brief set by It's Nice That. The brief asked course participants to take photographs which portrayed what London was to them. Under the guidance of Magnum associate Sohrab Hura, a body of work was developed for display in an exhibition and to be printed in a zine. In the series i wanted to tell the story of London's 2019 youth culture through our
- Creativity Works: Visual Storytelling with Magnum Photos: The Fluid StateThe short film, Fluid State, focuses on Heather B from INC MGMT, an “inclusive agency with a focus on representing POC & LGBTQIA+ identifying people.” This is one part of a broader, long-term project examining understandings of fluidity within London’s LGBTQ+ community. Through interviews with various participants, FIlip is exploring the meaning of fluidity and sharing multiple perspectives on the queer community, whether within a literal/non literal sense or through creating a metaphor from it
- Creativity Works: Visual Storytelling with MagnumphotosROLE MODELS Originally from North West London Kevin Chemuka’s recent move to East London has opened his eyes to the diverse friendship groups surrounding him. What lessons are your friendships teaching you? Are they good or bad? Chemuka believes that we are the products of our environment and the sum of the five people closest to us. Through this work, he seeks to encourage these observations as a conversation between young men. As he gets older, Chemuka has begun to observe and appreciate t
- Creativity Works: Visual Storytelling with Magnum PhotosAn 8-week intensive photography programme run by Create Jobs and Magnum Photos. Under the guidance of Magnum associate Sohrab Hura, the participants developed a body of work for an exhibition and magazine, responding to a live brief set by 'It’s Nice That', one of London’s top creative agencies and publishers. PART OF THE FURNITURE ‘Part Of The Furniture’ explores the nature of the public house as a personalised, homely entity. Focusing on pub rituals and their universality, Jazz hones in on t
- Creativity Works: Visual Storytelling with Magnum PhotosThis work was produced during a 6-week intensive photography course with Create Jobs and Magnum Photos. Photographs were produced in fulfilment of a brief set by It's Nice That. The brief asked course participants to take photographs which portrayed what London was to them. Under the guidance of Magnum associate Sohrab Hura, a body of work was developed for display in an exhibition and to be printed in a zine. The concept for this project was the phrase 'we move'. According to the Urban Dictio
- The Inner MeCreativity Works - Visual storytelling in association with Magnum Photos This project is based on a brief set by It's Nice That called "What is your London?" The Inner Me is a personal project focusing on four generations of women in my family (including myself)- through their stories we learn how they navigate being Black Caribbean women in the UK. My desire to document this history is driven by the lack of representation within mainstream media. As an exploration of what has changed and what
+ Show more
Engagement OfficerCreate Jobs
London, United KingdomFull Time
Project management - Overseeing and delivering outcomes for a contract worth £140,000. - Designing and delivering workshops and events with an aim to educate and inspire young people joining the creative industries. - Working collaboratively with a range of brands and partners including Tate Exchange, Magnum Photos, Sadlers Wells + many more. - Researching into the creative industries - Completing monthly reports to track progress and outcomes. Event production/co-ordination - Assisting with event production and coordination held at Tate Exchange and Protein Studios (with Magnum Photos) - Instillation and de-rigging - Staff management at events Talent Scouting/Recruitment: - Completing hiring cycle for new members of staff, including writing JD', shortlisting, interviewing, on-boarding/training. - Promoting various job and training opportunities and managing recruitment campaigns across multiple platforms, including Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter + Facebook. - Assisting organisations with their recruitment by matching talent within the Create Jobs network to opportunities advertised. Facilitation - Designing, creating the content for and delivering engaging workshops centred around employability. Sessions focused on Freelancing, Networking, CV + Portfolio Workshops + more. Training - Disability Awareness & Confidence training completed in March 2019 - Safeguarding Level 2 training completed in January 2019
Education Support OfficerThe Complete Works Independent School
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Engagement focus - Processing, coordinating and monitoring individual education placements for off campus students across three East and South London boroughs. - Completing Individual Education Plans for students. Identifying the needs of each student, completing risk assessments to ensure their access requirements were met. Relationship management - Managing and maintaining external stakeholder relationships with Local Authorities, as well as other provisions to ensure the enrolment of new students. - Working collaboratively with other youth focused agencies by attending and contributing to Annual review, TAC and MAP meetings as well as Children in Need and Child Protection conferences. - Liaising closely with social workers, key workers parents/carers and/or guardians Line management - Line managing team of offsite teachers and tutors. Coordinating their timetable and student allocation for all individual education. - Leading on new teacher training and performance development plans for teachers. Setting clear objectives during termly appraisals. - Leading on pastoral support for teachers and students. Additional responsibilities - Filling in as the Attendance Officer focusing on CRM responsibilities which included collecting, recording, analysing and reporting on data to the Head teacher, dual-roll schools and various Local Authorities.
+ Show more
- Project Management
- Microsoft Office
- Facilitating Workshops
- Relationship Management
- Communicating Ideas
- Social Media Management
BA History/PoliticsUniversity of Leicester
- Leicester, United Kingdom
- Achieved a Diploma in History and Politics - Supported, mentored younger students whilst in second year.
A LevelsHavering Sixth Form College
- London, United Kingdom
Achieved 3 A'level grades. A* - A'Level History A - Law C - English Literature Extra curricular activities: - Member of the sixth form choir, performed in different competitions and sang soprano. - Mentored and supported younger students with their studies.
+ Show more