Hello, my name is Simon. I'm an experienced content producer, copywriter, and music lover with a passion for working in digital marketing and the music industry. Alongside my content, editorial, and copywriting background, I have a wealth of knowledge within radio production from my work with BBC, Balamii, Reform Radio, London Fields Radio, and Folded Wing. I am based in Berlin and looking for new opportunities. I will relocate for the right role. I’m also open to remote work. If you would like to get in touch, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Show more
- Jordan Rakei on Mindfulness in MusicI caught up with Jordan Rakei for Composer Magazine to find out about the role of mindfulness in his music. After discovering and practising meditation for several years, Rakei learned about the Positive Psychology movement and began using therapy to elevate his creativity. We spoke about how meditation, psychology, and community played a huge part in shaping his forthcoming new album, “What We Call Life”.
- Hiatus Kaiyote on the power of individuality and imagination“Going through university, you go to your teachers and people you aspire to be like, and you ask them for direction. That’s the wrong way to approach making music. You’ve got to look within and find the shit that you love and that you want to create, and do it, learn it, and be that. Fuck going to someone and saying: help me become a great musician. You’ve got to figure that out for yourself." I caught up with Simon Mavin from Haitus Kaiyote to talk about working with the legendary Brazilian co
- Bobby Krlic breaks out of the loop with ReturnalBobby Krlic aka The Haxan Cloak has fast become one of the hottest talents to break through into the scoring world. His stunning original score to the psychological horror #Midsommar threw him under the spotlight, earning him an Ivor Novello Award for Best Original Score in 2020. I caught up with Krlic for Spitfire Audio to talk about his latest score to the video game Returnal. We spoke in-depth about the evolving nature of video game scores, his close relationship with Atticus Ross, and how s
- Anthony Willis dissects his score to Promising Young Woman“With trauma, you have to have seen the light as well as the dark. You can write music that is tense and scary, but the thing that is going to move you emotionally is imagining this relationship, that could have been so beautiful, but isn’t anymore.” I had the pleasure of speaking with Anthony Willis, lead composer of Promising Young Woman, for Spitfire Audio's Composer Magazine. We talked in-depth about his journey into film composition, turning expectation on its head, and his strung-out, ten
- Night Cycle w/ Akira KosemuraOn this month's edition of Night Cycle, I was joined by Japanese composer and pianist Akira Kosemura. Ahead of the release of his new solo piano album, '88 Keys', Kosemura blends introspective tracks from Mitchell Akiyama, Squarepusher, Nils Frahm, Aoki Takamasa & Tujiko Noriko, and more. Take your hands off the handlebars as Kosemura guides you through a "Night Cycle Through His Memory".
+ View all
Projects credited in
- LONDON FIELDS RADIO LFR is a micro radio station perched in the corner of Wilton Way Cafe. Since 2009 LFR has been hosting podcasts made by local people about their passions and ideas. The emphasis is on conversation but sometimes it’s just music. LFR is a labour of love. A fanzine that is as much about the making as the listening. Proud amateurs with big ambitions are welcome to submit their ideas.
Since beginning work as a freelancer, I have completed copywriting projects for Output, act.3 (Adidas Runners), Wayfair, Orchestral Tools, Composer Magazine, ADAM Audio, Loopmasters, Soundslates, and iMusician.
+ Show more
- Digital Content
- Sound Editor
- Web Content