My Mum, Dad, Brother, Wife — even cat are all designers. There was never any doubt that I was going to be one too. Over the past 20 years I have been involved in creating transformative design solutions for brands both big and small. I started as a junior designer at Michael Peters — owner of the world’s largest design groups. I worked my way up from Designer to Partner at HHCL — The Ad Agency of the Decade. Was a founder and Creative Director at NoOne, the strategic branding specialist inside an advertising agency (HHCL). I studied at Central St. Martins, Covent Garden, London. There I received a First Degree BA(Hons) and met David Law, co-founder of SomeOne. David was also his my man when I got married (and vice versa). In the mid 1990s I was made the youngest partner of HHCL the seminal “Ad Agency of the Decade” after I wrote, animated, and directed the multi-award winning campaign for Go—the low cost airline from British Airways. SomeOne, was the agency I started with Gary Holt, David Law & Laura Hussey after closing NoOne. SomeOne was voted the most respected UK Design Practice by the Drum top 100 peer poll. I’ve has lectured globally on branding, business and creativity. From China to USA to India to Japan. In 2014 I was hilariously was rated as one of the top 15 creative minds in the UK. I was as surprised as you are. I've been a visiting Professor at Central Saint Martin’s School of Design and a trustee and Executive Member at D&AD. I've also written the Central Saint Martin’s short course on Typographic Design with my wife, Amelia Manchipp. While working on the front line of commercial design, I have launched, relaunched & managed brands worldwide. Including Eurostar, London 2012 Olympic Games, Sellotape, FastJet, Accenture, Proctor & Gamble, WorldPay, TUI. I've won most of the major awards but more interestingly met Al Pacino — sadly I panicked and called him Cappuccino. It was an honest mistake. He wasn’t impressed.
- A more ingenious brand campaign...PA, one of the world’s leading consulting firms, asked us to create a campaign explaining the organisation’s notoriously complex offering to inspire clients and staff alike. The campaign focuses on the firm's ability to bring a higher level of ingenuity to deeply challenging problems. We used stories of individuals who actually bring ingenuity to life at PA. Pairing real-life roles with artisanal crafts, we highlight the people that are working on the art of the possible. Our research uncover
- Creating a new brand world for WedgwoodOn the 13th June 1769, Josiah Wedgwood celebrated the opening of his new Etruria factory in Stoke-on-Trent by hand throwing six First Day Vases. Over 250 years later, two of these vases sit at the heart of the World of Wedgwood, on display in the galleries of the V&A Wedgwood Collection. In partnership, the site now celebrates the story and legacy of this great innovator. On relocating to Barlaston in 1938 Josiah V stated, ‘The Wedgwood tradition prescribes a duty to the future as well as the
- Taking the brand that first took Britain skiiing on a rebrand — for the first time in 20 yearsIt’s great outdoors. Walter Inghams took Britain skiing for the first time in 1934. We’ve just rebranded them for the first time in over 20 years ready for the next generation of travellers. The Inghams brand was born out of Walter Ingham’s enduring passion for ski, mountaineering and walking that endures to today. Walter has long been credited as the man who took Britain skiing. Now, the brand offers a lot more. While the slopes still feature large in their offer, a new enthusiasm has sparke
- Making Santa 264% more popular.Santa Claus — There’s only one who lives in the Arctic Circle… Santa’s Lapland is in the far north of Finland, hidden in the snowy forests of Saariselkä, more than 200km above the Arctic Circle. We got to work with him and his wider team at Santa’s Lapland to create an entirely new visual, verbal, digital and experiential strategy to better connect to a wider visiting public…
- HR just got interestingPersonio is the planets best software for managing people in small to medium-sized businesses. In 6 years they have gone from a $200 investment to being valued at $6 billion in 2021 — one of Europe’s most valuable start-ups. SomeOne was asked to create a new visual and verbal identity for their latest idea — People Workflow Automation. A category of software that is a first in the HR space… People are at the heart of almost all businesses, but complexity arises fast from connecting all parts
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Rebranding Saga — Where experience is everythingNew research from Saga plc. revealed the majority of over 50’s feel that representation of them is unfairly focused on age. They are more likely to choose a brand that embraces a positive view about life over 50, focused on experience rather than age. SomeOne worked with Saga — the UK’s leading brand for the more experienced generation — on creating an entirely new visual and verbal identity.
- Want a global rebrand? Likewize™SomeOne worked with the senior leadership team and engaged with hundreds of staff at Brightstar to develop a new brand strategy, messaging, the new globally registered brand name and a radical supporting new visual and verbal identity — applied at launch to thousands of items, physical locations and digital platforms. The new visual design work comprises of entirely new colour systems, photography, bespoke typography, iconography and signature graphic assets in both static and animated forms.2
- Rebranding Indonesia’s biggest telco...Telkomsel is a powerhouse of the telecoms world. As Indonesia’s largest telecommunications provider, it has over 160+ million customers. As a leading tech and telco brand it was keen to present a bold, modern, digital face across the Indonesian islands as well as to the wider world. Operating since 1995 it has become the markets leading telecommunications provider, with the widest and most reliable coverage and most diverse and valuable range of products and services. But the Indonesia of 20211
- PiccadillyPICCADILLY LIGHTS The Beating Heart of the Nation. Situated in the heart of London’s West End, the world famous Piccadilly Lights has been entertaining (and most recently informing) viewers for over a century. The screen takes centre stage for the 100 million people who pass through Piccadilly Circus each year. Working closely with the team at Landsec, we created the strategic positioning and BrandWorld for this London icon.6
- Mayfair, London: Forever FashionableArguably the most famous district in London is changing. New shops, new dining, new places to see and be seen in are reshaping this, the most glamorous part of London. Grosvenor Estates turned to SomeOne to help develop a new strategy. We set out to develop a visual and verbal identity system to better reflect the districts’ changing offers and help reconnect this, the epitome of timeless London style, to a discerning audience tired of flimsy promises. This is a district that the world’s grea2
+ Show more
SomeOne is a London design practice that specialises in launching and relaunching reputations. Unlike large traditional design groups, working with SomeOne means clients meet and work with creatives. After all, that's why we get hired — to be creative. Direct contact between these people means that ideas flow more freely, as great brands need great opinions. Ideas excite us, they shape reputations, create value and signal change. Thats why we concentrate on big ideas first, then go about making them beautifully.
- Full Time
Design brains. Adverts unsung body. The branding and design company within HHCL+P
+ Show more
- Corporate Identity
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Graphic Design
- Brand Development
- Corporate Branding
- Creative Strategy
- Concept Develoment
Design Advertising and Communications
Guinness World Record for most successful IAAF games ever 2017Guinness World RecordsWorld Para Athletics Championships London 2017 saw biggest sales ever outside of a Paralympic Games. 705,000 were sold. An official Guinness World Record for the number of tickets sold at any IAAF World Championships event.
+ Show more