At age 24 I set up Kollektiv Gallery, which took 20 artists through a programme of crowdfunding, opening a pop up gallery, running workshops and events - over and over, with different people every time graduating from the Kollektiv experience. I started telling my story and sharing my business model up and down the country with universities and schools. I eventually found myself in New Zealand, where I started the Cyber Nectar Art Festival in Wellington. Now I'm based in London, I work at the Hayward Gallery and also offer project management, consulting and producing to other creative groups, for example The Big Art Herstory Group.
- EASTER SURPRISE!! Our new Feminist Lectures have hit the shelves, from Hilma Af Klint to Dressing Dykes and Women in Bauhaus, we've got you coveredhttps://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/london-drawing-group-11407647443 We're back with a brand new round of Monday Zoom feminist lectures, starting THIS MONDAY. From Dressing Dykes to Bauhaus Women, enjoy another 12 weeks of bloody fantastic talks, discussions and Q&As, all still for a donation fee. You'll find links below for the first half of the term! Thank you for your ongoing support. We hope you're able to join us this term! Love, Luisa and Sophie, your feminist lecture hosts x
- Letting Objects SpeakArtist Manager, Exhibition Organiser, Press Officer Kollektiv Gallery group show at SET Bermondsey London Presenting a range of video, objects and performance-based works, the artists in this exhibition employ an excavation framework to trace a journey of interpretation around extinction, colonisation, power and agency. Emily Wood Laura Durward Jack Rooney Juliette Hagg 謝詠雯 Wingman Erin Sophie Giblin Georgie Brinkman Alex Wight https://www.kollektivgallery.com/
- A - Z ManualKollektiv School, Consultancy, Mentoring Kollektiv reacts to the semiotics of the city as a backdrop for artist’s ideas; a car, an empty butchery, an office or empty warehouse become exhibition space. After opening multiple galleries and telling Kollektiv's story I began to mentor other creatives doing similar initiatives, which comes at a price which might be a bit high for some. That's why I created this educational resource, the A-Z Manual. In here I outline the whole pop up gallery proc
- Kollektiv Interview PublishingWebsite Founder and Administrator, Artist Liaison, Artist Journalist Since 2014 I have published over 197 picture interviews on Kollekitv Gallery. I ask 10 questions and artists respond visually. This method of networking and publicity compliments my curatorial relationship with artists, a way for artists to develop their visual practice as well as have an online item to share on their website.
- Workshops and TalksI’m honoured to have spoken at universities, galleries and businesses all over London, SE England and Wellington, New Zealand. I tell Kollektiv Gallery’s start up story, I suggest ways to support artists by sharing my business model, so other’s can use it too. I’ve also had the pleasure of teaching my workshop Fast Art alongside most of these talks. Fast Art is a speedily paced, creative entrepreneurship workshop where teams start, finish and sell a concept in three hours or less. I designed
+ View all
Projects credited in
- FINDING ARTEMISIA / Un-Heroic Traditions DocumentaryA film created by Julia Schmitz that charts the creation of a series of new artworks by Fine Artist Luisa-Maria MacCormack (founder of the Big Art Herstory Project www.bigartherstoryproject.com). The large-scale drawings are inspired by the works of Artemisia Gentileschi, and the process of creating them is closely collaborative, with Artist and model being equally engaged and vital in the works from beginning to end. Thanks are due to Esther Bunting for her unwavering bravery, creativity and a
+ Show more
Magazine EditorFoss Magazine
London, United KingdomFreelance
Interludes between art, sport and fashion.
+ Show more
- Project Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Creative Direction
- Artist Management
- Web Production
+ Show more
Most Outstanding Social Entrepreneur of the South EastVinspiredI received this award for finding sustainable ways to help shape Brighton's dilapidated high street whilst supporting burgeoning creatives who were finding it hard to begin their career. I was made a regional winner and a finalist for the national award.