You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
• Responsible for scheduling and completion of all appraisals; managed tight deadlines for appraisers and appraisal associates, overseeing department workflow. • Ascertained client needs, advising them on retail replacement, fair market, and loss in value appraisals. Supported clients throughout the appraisal process by managing timeline and quote expectations, and answering queries. • Assigned appraisal jobs to in-house appraisers and contractual consultants. • Delegated and managed the production of appraisal documents to associates. Produced final appraisal documents when necessary. • Assisted appraisers with researching comparables; reviewed cataloguing, identifying and correcting inconsistencies and errors in order to ensure stylistic cohesiveness. • Approved all appraisals issued by department for quality control before releasing to clients. • Updated appraisal template so as to ensure compliance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP); ensured final documents were USPAP-compliant. Accomplishments: Oversaw a monthly average of 80 jobs completed and delivered to clients. Led team to exceed Appraisal department’s target three out of six months.
• Coordinated auction and private sales for the two departments (Antiquities and European Works of Art); responsible for five auctions (350 works of art) per year; provided administrative and assistant support to three Senior Vice Presidents. • Managed all pre-sale processes: received new objects and managed inventory; assisted in negotiating consignment terms with consignors, and managed contracts; obtained administrative approvals according to Compliance and Corporate Governance regulations. • Regularly assisted with provenance and cataloguing research in photo archive and catalogue library. • Managed 10 unique consignments each totalling or exceeding $1M; handled more than $40M in antiquities auction sales; administered European sculpture sales during Old Master’s week. • Delegated museum collection research project to department summer intern. SPECIAL PROJECTS • Authored catalogue note on a Hellenistic marble torso of Aphrodite on a base made by Japanese wood artist Kichizô Inagaki (realised $87,500 with buyer’s premium). • Edited sale proposal for two over-life sized Roman Imperial marble sculptures belonging to the Toledo Museum of Art (realised $2.77M with buyer’s premium). • Assisted in selecting photographs for publication, collaborated on layout design, and copy- edited catalogue text for over-life sized Roman Imperial sculpture of Aphrodite from the Duke of Northumberland’s Collections (realised £9,378,500 including buyer’s premium). • Assisted with editing the valuation of a private collection of important Renaissance bronzes. CLIENT RELATIONS • Assisted clients in navigating complex legal and compliance issues with respect to the sale of their objects. • Guided clients through the valuation, selling, and acquisition process; explained relevant market trends. • Telephone-bid on behalf of clients in the salesroom, in both English and French. • Employed discretion to protect confidential and sensitive client and transaction information. Accomplishments: Appointed to manage, curate, and oversee the 2014 Fall Highlights Exhibition (75 works of art, worth over $10M).
• Interacted with clients to address all exhibition-related enquiries. • Monitored gallery temperature and humidity; collected data from hygrothermographs. • Assisted with producing exhibition layout plan for Henry Moore show featuring monumental bronze sculptures. Accomplishments: Provided client service to an average of 1, 350 visitors per weekend. Ensured guests had a positive experience by welcoming them into the gallery, explaining the exhibition layout, and answering installation questions.
• Conducted research into 2,000 Warhol auction sales; collected and analyzed sales data using Excel data series and statistics. • Identified market interest by creating a price series comparing realised prices to auction predictions. • Researched and analyzed the state of the contemporary art market; documented findings in extensive memorandum for the Foundation’s board. Accomplishments: Completed all of the auction research used to carry out the annual appraisal of the Foundation’s collection.
• Assisted with cataloguing, completed condition reports, and updated internal database. • Worked simultaneously on three sales (over 900 lots each) in various stages of completion. Accomplishments: Communicated with over 500 purchasers post-sale to facilitate payment and property collection.
Master of Arts, History of Art, Distinction
Bachelor of Arts