- Crowdbacker 2020: Building Back BetterBack our latest crop of fledgling social startups and join us in thinking big about how to rebuild. Hear from experts in the field, including our Year Here alumni entrepreneurs Aaron John and Mursal Hedayat. Author, journalist and executive editor of Vice magazine Zing Tsjeng will also be sharing her vision for a post COVID world. Crowdbacker is our biannual launch and live crowdfunding event. On Thursday 16th July, we'll be gathering online to unveil the social enterprises our 2019/20 Fellow
- Birdsong Concept StoreBirdsong is a revolutionary new fashion brand. They work with talented young designers, use women’s organisations for their manufacturing, and shoot their products on unedited, street-cast models. They’ve been making waves with their no sweatshops, no photoshop promise since 2014, and had features in The Evening Standard, The DeBrief and Observer Magazine in the past fortnight alone. Birdsong targets thinking women aged 25 to 35 who expect more from their wardrobe. In the run up to Christmas,
- Tits or GTFO zine/zi?n/ noun, informal a magazine, especially a fanzine. a small circulation, self-published work. I started Tits or GTFO Zine in 2011 as a response to the prevalence of 'trolling' culture. Based on the Bikini Kill lyric, "Do you believe in anything beyond a troll guy reality?", each issue came with a free miniature Troll Doll. 100 issues were printed and sold, and have been distributed all over the world. There are currently copies being sold in Manchester, Ireland and France.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Birdsong Spring/Summer 2021Early in 2021 I freelanced remotely as a Design Assistant on Birdsong's SS21 collection, the Head Designer Susanna Wen was inspired by cottagecore interiors, 1960s pop artists, peonies and picnics for her research. Birdsong picked a fruit salad colour palette that reminded us that we have the best of the summer to look forward to.
- A bloody good period party x birdsong x beyond retro x thinx6th of December 2018 - 92-100 Stoke Newington Rd It's Christmas, so Birdsong, Bloody Good Period, THINX & Beyond Retro are joining forces fo this festive fundraiser. Come in your best menstrual-themed dress, learn more about your cycle, sip on a bloody good cocktail and raise money for period poverty affecting refugees.17
+ Show more
CTO, COO and Founder of Fashion StartupBirdsong
London, United KingdomFull Time
Co-founded and launched an ethical, feminist, fashion marketplace. My main responsibilities were building our site, operations, HR, marketing, communications and PR. I secured press from The Guardian, BBC London News, Dazed & Confused and Refinery 29, as well as raising £6,000 for women’s charities in the space of 3 months.
- Marketing PR
- Brand Management
- Business Development
- Customer Support
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Web Design
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Service
- Writing Communication