An international Northerner with a healthy obsession with storytelling. From a young age, storytelling has been engrained in everything I do. Having built my career through the advertising industry delivering campaigns for global brands, I recognised the power storytelling can have not only to businesses but to individuals too. This is why I now spend my time championing self-advocacy through my company and book 'F*ck Being Humble'. In 2018 I set out on a mission to change the way the world views self-promotion, encouraging people to be unapologetically proud of their achievements. Since then I have delivered talks to international companies, festivals and my book on the topic of self-promotion is available for pre-order on Amazon today. I'm a self-confessed lover of public speaking and networking and I come alive when helping different communities, whether that be through hosting events, mentoring or idea generation. Named as Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe 2020 and as one The Dots 100 women who changing the creative industry, leaving a legacy of positive change is what I hope to achieve. The Dot's named the F*ck Being Humble events series in the top 30 events to attend in London this year, so check out the events page for upcoming workshops you can attend! Head to fuckbeinghumble.com to register our newsletter and follow us @fuckbeinghumbleldn for more tips!
- BOOK HERE - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fck-being-humble-side-hustle-school-with-stef-sword-williams-tickets-121845566369 Do you want to create something of your own? Launch a passion project you’ve always talked about? Grow a side hustle to give you creative freedom and another stream of income? Or are you looking to change directions completely and could benefit from guidance in the right direction? Join our 'Side Hustle School’ programme to learn everything you need to grow, develop and
- Following the success of launching my online platform and event series F*ck Being Humble, I got a offered a book deal and have written my first book on why self-promotion isn't a dirty word. All content is written by me and will feature a collection of interviews with trailblazers in the creative industry: Nafisa Bakar, Serena Abassi, Nicole Crentsil, Shanon Peter, Melissa Jarram, Shannie Mears, Leyya Sattar, Roshni Gyote, and Zoe Bayliss Wong. ORDER HERE - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Being-Humble
- 4 WEEK COURSE FOR CREATIVE GRADUATES TO START YOUR OWN PASSION PROJECT FROM THE 3RD-28TH OF AUGUST 2020 In response to the current employment crisis, I wanted to create a solution that could help graduates during what is being described as the grimmest summer ever to enter the working world. Through my mentoring business F*ck Being Humble, I have launched a 4-week programme for creative graduates who want to grow, develop and launch a passion project or side hustle to help them stand out in the
- There has never been a better time to focus on self-promotion than now. So to take advantage of this downtime, I launched a social campaign on Instagram on @fuckbeinghumbleldn called 'Sharing From Home'. Now more than ever we need to be self-promoting in order to get noticed, so as well as #workingfromhome we’re inviting you to share from home too. Here's how it works: 1. Screenshot the form attached to this post 2. Fill in your name and handle and a project, piece of work or side hustle you’
- With an uprising in the industry of communities trying to find safe spaces to play, create and grow, foundation.fm’s mission is to showcase the hottest emerging talent in the underground music scene led by a diverse group of women, LGTBQI+ person’s and talented creatives who support our values – with women at the forefront. Invited initially to host a Friday 'Catch Up' show, I've since been offered a monthly slot where I host a 2 hour show interviewing amazing rising stars who are building comm
- At Revolt we care about picking fights that can help change global issues. That's why for this International Women's Day we’ve teamed up with Protest Press to host an interactive workshop that sparks conversation around the themes of gender equality and brings out your inner feminist feelings. Join us on the 5th of March 6.30-8pm for a free evening of self-expression, crafts and learning from fellow supporters on what equality means for them. Want to show your solidarity and join a march? CARE
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Sandwich is written as a celebration of the often overlooked, but universally beloved culinary creation, the sandwich. Our second issue pays homage to one of our favourites, the Banh Mi. This issue explores the complicated history of the sandwich, dives into the political iconography of Spam, and the search for Maggi sauce in Saigon. This magazine is our gift to sandwich lovers everywhere.
- Managing the overall production of a new magazine about food culture, from initial concepts to commissioning contributors, producing shoots, designing layouts and overseeing the final print process and delivery to the client - a US based condiments brand. The first issue of Sandwich Magazine is a playful and deep (cultural) dive into the BLT, including stories of lettuce-growing in space to documenting what happens in the clean up of the infamous tomato smashing ‘La Tomatina’ festival. Campaign
- The Church of London was approached by the Unilever condiment company, Sir Kensington to produce a new meaningful, yet playful and witty magazine, around the topic of food. We came up with ‘Sandwich Magazine’. Each issue is based around a specific sandwich, starting with the BLT
- Discover our 2020 list here This International Women’s Day, we’ve launched our latest ‘10x10’ – asking 10 influential industry icons to each nominate 10 trailblazing women and non-binary people who they believe are redefining the creator landscape. The result? An incredible list of 100 trailblazers inspiring change. Our list will be accompanied by a takeover on The Dots – look out for brilliant profiles and projects on the platform as we aim to inspire, as important as ever when considering ‘88
- This is the last workshop in the four part series held on 2 November at Campfire Shoreditch. Following the workshop there will be a networking party where you can get to meet like minded women and obvs build your network :) To attend the workshop + party Download Bumble. Go onto Bizz mode. Swipe to find the In-App Profile which you should then match with. Then, go on your messages where you will see one from the Biz Profile Card which has a link in it. Follow the link to apply!
+ Show more
- Advertising Content
- Project Management
- Business Development
- TV Production
- Public Speaking
- Social Media