I am Stella, a Danish, London based freelance visual artist. I love to work across Documentary, Photography & Moving Image. My approach to a subject is rarely any different in my personal work as it is in my professional work, as I feel like any voice/story should be equally represented and celebrated. I therefore find it essential to always do great research, build relationships and have care for who and what you work with. I usually always mix media and are obsessed with tactile things to add to the story. I work across music, content and portraiture. I graduated from The Royal College of Art, with an MA in Visual Communication in 2016, where I did the Research/Design/Publish elective. Having not done a BA prior to getting in to the RCA, it really helped me shape my instinctive and natural interests for storytelling.
- ‘BLANK CANVASES + FINAL FORM’ is a project that was created through an open brief given to me and Ellen Mercer by adidas london as a part of their of Home Of Classics campaign. A poem by Kai-Isaiah Jamal Film by Ellen Mercer + Stella Malfilatre Director of Photography - Ollie Craig Colorist - Vlad Barin Sound Recordist - Adina Istrate Music - Masukun
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Accent Issue 4 was inspired by gossip magazines, sharing stories of the glittering Accent A-list: unique personalities who were making a truly positive change in the world. Izaak, the son of soul superstar Sade and a trans role model, was the issue cover star — while other features included the tattoo artist Manuela Soto speaking about exposing abuse in the industry and an incredible Parisian house tour by the eccentric botanist Patrick Blanc, inventor of the world-famous "vertical garden". The
- Accent Issue 3 featured cover star Kodo Nishimura, a Buddhist monk and make-up artist who serves spirituality with fashion. Also in the issue: messages from New York’s young activists, testimonials by the Dommes of Toronto, a guide to tarot by the mystic Shy Charles, lessons in fatherhood by Black dads in London and the extraordinary story of Romanian outsider artist Ion Barladeanu.
- Issue 2 featured dual cover stars Lucia Lucas, a transgender baritone opera singer, and Andrew Logan, the artist and founder of drag phenomenon Alternative Miss World. Also included were the stories of urban cowboys in New Orleans, the solar residents of Havana, and art car fanatics in the US.
- Accent is a magazine that celebrates lives lived outside the ordinary from around the world. It is a collection of true stories about inspirational, extraordinary people who dare to live life on their own terms — and make the world a brighter place simply by being themselves. Issue one featured the story of cover star Kia Labeija, a vogue ballroom dancer, artist and HIV/AIDS activist from NYC; interviews with the original postcard punks from 1980s London; photo essays of people living in RVs an
London, United KingdomFreelance
Working as a key part of the Accent Magazine editorial team as well as a contributing researcher, interviewer, photographer & Videographer.
+ Show more
- 35mm Film Photography
- 120 Film
- Creative Art Direction
- Magazine Publishing