Hello, I'm Steve! I’m a designer with a strong belief that design can be used to create impact and positive change. My work involves well thought out visual ideas backed up by thorough research and insight, which creates bold meaningful design concepts. My work has been highlighted and shared by The Nationwide Degree Show and recently selected as a D&AD ‘Ones To Watch’. My short term ambition is to gain experience within the creative industry, work on projects that excite me and help me grow as a designer. It’s my ambition to create work that will make people think ‘Wow, I wish I’d thought of that!’. Seeking Grad scheme / Internship opportunities. Connect with me! Portfolio: www.steve-design.com Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/steve-garnett-619680129 Instagram: www.instagram.com/steve.designz
- Distracted DrivingProblem: Distracted driving causes 1.6 million accidents per year. Distractions such as mobile phones play a huge factor in this problem which needs to stop. Solution: Distracted Driving is a campaign which highlights the dangers of distracted driving by using metaphor design to visually show the potential outcome of becoming distracted while driving.
- ElevateBrief: Create a brand identity for a bike hire scheme that highlights the opportunities, benefits and experiences that bike hire can offer. Answer: Elevate is an electric lock-based bike hire scheme based in San Francisco. The brand identity uses the theme of contour lines and perspective which reflects the landscape of the city and the motion of cycling.
- London Balloon FestivalProblem: The existing range hot air balloons festivals around the world lack a fun, inspiring and engaging visual identity. How could this problem be solved for a balloon festival based in London? Solution: London Balloon Festival celebrates the sport of ballooning by combining balloon-inspired patterns and vibrant colours to create a graphic system with unlimited combinations. The visual identity creates a bold engaging brand which reflects the community, the sport and shows the sheer scale o
- Time To RebelBrief: Find a song that represents a cause and use typography to bring it to life. Answer: Time To Rebel is a campaign that shows the devastating changes in global surface temperature through the lyrics of the song ‘The 1975’. This song features a powerful speech about the climate crisis and how we can rebel against it, spoken by the environmental activist Greta Thunberg.
Projects credited in
- Nottingham Trent University, BA (Hons) Graphic DesignThe Graphic Design course at NTU promotes multidisciplinary, variety, diversity and experimentation. The course benefits from a broad-based curriculum that allows students to explore and experience the full range of disciplines within the subject of graphic design with a focus on ideas, individuality and professionalism. We are committed to supporting a lively studio environment with a collaborative approach to learning, and a valuable sense of community. The course has strong links with indus54