You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I am a motivated, hard working and reliable person with experience in a variety of fields. I am familiar and comfortable working within small and large teams and am happy working in a busy environment. I have a strong understanding of service and ensure that all my work is of a very high standard. This experience, combined with my natural ability to work within a team, ensure that I have added value to every environment in which I have worked. I have a passion for both fashion and beauty. I see beauty and makeup as a form of artwork and feel my experience in both art and textile marries perfectly with the beauty industry. I dedicate my spare time visiting art galleries and design exhibitions but also working on my own designs. I take a huge interest in upcoming trends within the fashion and beauty industry and follow the work of artists, interior, beauty and design trends. I have a subscription to the Tate Modern and Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue and buy Living Etc magazine every month for contemporary inspiration. I am constantly focusing on new beauty trends and product releases to gain skills and knowledge of the subject. I also follow my favourite designers and beauty brands and bloggers on Instagram and other social media which gives me insight into what inspires them and their branding focus. I also follow people on Bloglovin and Flicker, which gives me a sound knowledge of peoples changing ideas and perspectives. I showcase my own work to enable people to get to know my work and attention to detail
• I spent three months interning at Jimmy Choo in their Aftersales team with my primary role being the daily organization of sorting and sending stock to the stores and to clients. This taught me how important client relationships are to building a reputable and international brand. • Additionally my responsibilities included compiling new component packs to be sent to stores worldwide teaching me the essential skill of wide product knowledge which is imperative in product development. • I put together weekly and monthly reports on Salesforce which taught me the validity of data and targets for a company. Furthermore I gained great understanding of how data can be used to understand consumers’ desires which is essential when developing new products. • I worked at the company’s sample sales, disrupting stock and helping with any customer queries developing my customer service and communication skills.
• I spent 1 week assisting Elizabeth Saltzman a stylist who works for high profile clients such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Saoirse Ronan and Gemma Arterton. This taught me the importance of professionalism, personal presentation and how such individuals influence a brand and industry. • I was trusted to return valuable clothes and accessories back to stores making sure products were returned in perfect condition. This attention to detail emphasized produce value and sticking to a tight time frame. • I also assisted with organizing Elizabeth’s timetable for London Fashion Week to ensure a smooth running of a busy schedule.
• I worked in the fabric and trim department at Burberry for two weeks. • I helped organize mood boards for fabric meetings; this showed me the importance of gathering inspiration from market research for new designs and products as well as increasing my awareness of competitors. • My responsibilities included archiving fabrics and trims, highlighting the beginning of the development process.
• In my 4 weeks at Harpaz’s Bazaar I was fortunate to have the opportunity to assist in fashion shoots. • I spent time researching and presenting new products for the magazine’s beauty segments, enabling key trends of the season to be identified and innovative products to be identified. • Additionally I updated log books for the fashion cupboard, ensuring the correct clothing and beauty products were tracked appropriately. • My responsibilities included timetabling fashion assistants for London Fashion Week, teaching me the importance of communication and team work.
• I spent four months working in the studio at Anna Valentine, learning new embroidery techniques for sampling development; these samples were developed and refined for new collections. • I assisted with creating outfits for private clients, understanding and adapting to their wishes further improving my knowledge of the development process. • I helped with the preparation for the ready-to-wear 2016 collection look book with the software InDesign for shoots and couture catwalk shows. These platforms taught me the importance of how companies present their products and how this must be aligned to the brand.
• I spent 1 week working in the Designers Guild interior design press office. • My role included designing and creating the look book to be sent out to new clients worldwide, highlighting how to reach international expansion.• I worked in a team to help organize press events teaching me the power of media platforms and how to use effectively to build a reputable brand. • I worked on colour palettes and set up the products at events, developing my skills at how design can capture consumers’ attention.
• I spent a week’s work experience at Barbara Tipple Jewellery Design, learning the craft of making hand-made jewellery. • I gained a great understanding of how much detail and care is needed to produce high-end bespoke jewellery. • As pieces can be made on an individual basis, I learnt how to ensure a customer’s specification is met whilst also being creative and innovative so that it is a product that could not be found elsewhere.
• I have worked annually for French Sole as a Sales Assistant for the last 5 years, developing my customer service skills and assisting with the promotion of the brand. • I assisted at numerous press events for new collections such as Rosie Fortescue “Little Dax” and Alice Naylor-Leyland “Miss Alice.” I learnt how such individuals are essential to raising the profile of a brand through social media• As well as working in French Sole’s stores across London I also worked at London Fashion Week and Stylist Live, assisting with the design and presentation of the products and the stall, teaching me the importance of product presentation. • Furthermore at such events I talked to customers about the shoes creating greater product transparency and growing their trust in the brand
Specialising in Woven Textiles
Diploma in Foundation Textile Design
2 A* in Art and Textiles B in Sociology