Seeking a full-time position, wiling to relocate: I am a well rounded creative professional, interested in opportunities which will continue to grow my design practice. My leadership skills and organized work flow allow me to manage multiple projects and work well within a team. I have a background which includes quality design work and creative services for a variety of industries, specialized in graphic design, publications, editorial and content creation, photography, photo editing and manipulation, print design, digital design, visual art, and problem solving with design thinking. Available immediately for WFH, willing to relocate for onsite work. USA Citizen UK visa holder, no sponsorship needed.
- Tara Khorzad LondonTara Khorzad London is a fashion brand based in Catford, SE London. I worked with the founder, Tara, to execute briefs including photography, motion graphics, social media designs, pattern design, brand standards guidelines, and more. The selection below features hand-picked models that fit the brand and are influencers in their own right, as well as flat lay product and detail shots, all for the Tara Khorzad London fashion line during autumn 2019. Models: Kellyrose Marry & Kate Sutton Fas
- Gray Whale GinContent Creation | Photography | Copywriting This was my entry to the visual bartending shift contest, by Gray Whale Gin. The drink recipe and visual aspects are all my original work. Fava Fizz Cocktail My cocktail of choice is the delightful vegan interpretation of a classic gin fizz. This cocktail is rich in history and has countless variations floating around. The original recipe calls for egg whites, which is off putting to some or just doesn't fit in for certain lifestyles including the
- Pocket PapersPublication Design | Illustration | Editorial | Print Production Pocket Papers challenge the viewer to learn and understand all aspects of the environmental issue they address. Tasked with “exposing” something or bringing new information to light, these pocket sized publications approach difficult subject matter in a friendly, digestible manner. They were displayed on hand built stoops, with working ‘front doors’ as if to be on the entrance to the viewers home. This sturdy interactive display w
- Bad News HaikusPublication Design | Creative Writing | Design Process Work | Design Thinking Follow #BadNewsHaikus and @BadNewsHaikus on Instagram. Bad News Haikus are written during a TFL journey (on a bus, train, etc.) with the torn out headlines of the various news publications left behind. This project was developed out of a term brief which prompted exploration of interludes. What followed was hands on research within London's expansive network of public transport leading to the #BadNewsHaikus.
- Grief Object MuseumCuration | Creative Writing | Publication Design | Collection Brief included the statement "NO!NO!NO!" and asked designers to reject something in their work. The Grief Object Museum rejects societal norms surrounding the grieving process. It challenges the viewer to reflect on objects they associate with grief & healing and asks them to evaluate their personal relationship with grief.
Graphic DesignerSelf Employed
London, United KingdomFreelance
Currently Freelancing/Self-Employed. I specialize in graphic design, publications, editorial and content creation, photography, photo editing and manipulation, print design, digital design, visual art, and problem solving with design thinking. I am looking for my next career steps and a unified focus in my day-to-day design practice. Specifically, I am seeking full-time Graphic Design or Art Direction roles with a publication, studio, or in-house creative team. My background in print production, journalism, studio/ in-house contracting, publications and editorial design has prepared me for this next step in my career. My main motivators are growth opportunities, learning on the job, meaningful work, public-facing output, and a collaborative workflow with a tight knit team. Available immediately, willing to relocate.
Graphic Designer, FTCTara Khorzad London
- London, United KingdomFreelance
London based fashion brand: SO GRAPHIC - IT STOPS TRAFFIC Fashion for the fearlessly fun - colorful printed apparel to inspire you to be your boldest. Sells a selection of catsuits, jumpsuits, co ords & swimwear - bringing festival vibes all year long. I created motion graphics and written content for social media, product shots and fashion photography. I took the existing logo and brand aesthetics to the next level by creating a brand guideline booklet covering social, web, and print guidelines, font uses, and guidelines for embodying the voice of the brand in writing and advertising situations. This position included learning pattern making, as well as the ins and outs of fashion design processes, the running of an independent studio brand, and utilizing my graphic design background for the purposes of promoting the brand and driving product sales.
+ Show more
- Adobe Indesign
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Print Design
- Layout Design
Master of ArtsGoldsmiths, University of London
- London, United Kingdom
MA Design Expanded Practice This course is a radical post-disciplinary programme for practitioners who want to push the boundaries of what design can be and do. During this MA I worked with the tutors and classmates to transform my practice as a critical and social undertaking. The programme is structured around thematic areas of investigation (Studios) which situates the practitioner in a particular field of study and reference. My studio of choice was Communications and Experience. By challenging the role and norms of traditional design towards an emerging type of ‘advanced design’, unshackled from the history of specialisms and entrenched methods, I will became part of a community of practice. I was encouraged to actively contribute to a deep understanding of how design is set to address and affect change within contemporary society. Whatever the students background or previous degree we were expected you to examine our own practice on this course. For me this was be in a traditional field of design as it relates to graphic design, product design, print production, creative writing etc. Other fields I researched as part of my practice were social science, humanities, curating, transit, cities and business as it relates to design.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design Wayne State University
- Detroit, United States
BFA Graphic Design The objective of the Graphic Design Program at WSU is to enable students to become innovative, intelligent and responsible designers. Wayne State's program educates students to think broadly about design, to focus on the informational and problem-solving nature of graphic design and to visualize their design ideas.
+ Show more