Hello I’m Tom a graphic designer focusing on branding, digital, illustration and print. I graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a BA (Hons) in Graphic Design. I have since been working at studios in Manchester and London while pursuing a freelance business focusing on a wider variety of projects around the world. I like to take a hands on approach to design and love discovering old and new techniques that would further the essence of the work.
- Herd of SheffieldFor the Herd of Sheffield public art exhibition, the concept of my elephant links back to Sheffield’s heritage as a city internationally known for its steel production. Inside the sculpture I decided to create an elaborate steel wire frame made up of wires, engine parts, cogs and lights. The lights were powered by two solar panels that were fitted in the head so to draw in the most amount of sunlight over the course of the day. I cut away sections of the fiberglass casing, allowing the organs of the cyborg elephant to be displayed for all to see. Each cut out section was then covered in acrylic to protect the delicate structure. The rest of the elephant was covered with a chrome wrap and rivets to give it a metallic looking outer shell. http://www.herdofsheffield.com/
- Keepmoat Housing BidThis project was to create a bid which would help Keepmoat and Strata Homes to secure a landmark deal with Leeds City Council to deliver around 1,000 new homes across a portfolio of 13 Council owned sites. This bid was successful and is now in the process of being clarified to the local authorities.
+ View all
Freelance CreativeAuckland Airport
- Auckland, New ZealandFreelance
As a UX freelance designer I was brought onto Auckland Airport's new E-commerce project. I worked closely with the marketing team and developers to create the duty free e-commerce website and app, using the software Sketch.
Digital DesignerGood Relations PR
- London, United KingdomFull Time
At Good Relations I was responsible for internal comms, pitch design, visual concepts, packaging and branding for companies such as Adidas, Lidl and Royal Caribbean. As well I design and develop exciting social media pages with customised and interactive posts for clients such as Subway, Trustford and Bosch.
+ Show more
- Adobe Create Suite
- Graphic Design
- UX Design
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Art Direction
- Concept Sketching
- Brand Communications
(BA hons) Graphic DesignSheffield Hallam University
- Sheffield, United Kingdom
On the BA Graphic Design course I learnt skills and techniques it would take to become a successful graphic designer. I was able build a broad portfolio with many projects showing off my skills, which ultimately lead me to find my first design job 2 weeks after graduating.
Art and Design FoundationSheffield Hallam University
- Sheffield, United Kingdom
I did a 1 year Art and Design foundation course at Sheffield Hallam University. Here I learnt skills and traits across a wide range of courses ultimately leading me to fall in love with graphic design and to go on to be accepted on the BA Graphic Design course.