Hello! I’m a designer and creative director with over 20 years experience designing, creating, and building experiences that impact a global audience. The last 10 years I have split my time running my own studio, helloMuller, and hold senior positions at global creative agencies. As a hands-on Creative Director I’m equally comfortable designing future-forward brands for global pop culture franchises or digital products for international banks as I am leading and inspiring creative teams and presenting in C-Suite environments. Prior to that I worked across digital and print — designing everything from websites for The Pet Shop Boys to books for Tori Amos and going viral for The Coen Brothers. Working across creative disciplines, my work is rooted in Modernist principles infused with a contemporary design sensibility delivering award-winning work that is relevant, resonates, and inspires its audience — gaining me global recognition as an industry leader. Named as one of the top 100 designers working in the UK today by The Drum; I regularly speak at design events worldwide, while my work has been recognised by The Brand Impact Awards, The Drum Awards, The Eisner Awards, The Harvey Awards, Entertainment Weekly, Wired, New York Magazine, Boing Boing, The Guardian — and featured in over 100 design & industry publications worldwide including Design Week, Creative Review, Design Boom, Grafik, Computer Arts, and Varoom. I’ve worked with clients and brands across technology startups, film studios, Fortune 500 companies, producers, publishers, artists, and cultural institutions that include Marvel Entertainment, Sony Pictures, HSBC, Canon, DC Entertainment, Google, WGSN, Magnum Photos, Wired, Darren Aronofsky, Image Comics, Paramount Pictures, Samsung, Disney, and the BBC.
- 'Dawn of X' is Marvel Comics’ relaunch initiative of their X-Men comics franchise looking to redefine the brand. The relaunch ushered in a new creative direction that touches on every aspect of the franschise — and required a new visual direction to clearly mark the change. Starting from a new master ‘X’ brand mark, a comprehensive publication design programme, bespoke typography and graphic identity for the full product line was designed, creating an instantly recognizable look and feel for e
- In 2019 WPP consolidated UK agencies Possible and Mirum into the new Mirum Agency UK, forming a single digital experience and innovation company — as a stand alone brand within the Wunderman Thompson network a new identity was required. The new visual identity is a modern evolution of the Mirum brand: a clean, functional, and human identity that expresses the company’s values, expertise, and work. As creative director I was responsible for the design and development of the logo and wordmark, c
- Visual identity for Hivemind, an entertainment company dedicated to partnering with high-level creative talent and globally recognized IP from the worlds of science fiction, fantasy, horror, comics, video games, and more — known for producing Amazon’s The Expanse, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Netflix’s The Witcher, Sony’s Bloodshot, and the upcoming Final Fantasy live-action series. The new visual identity for the company uses the company’s proposition and ethos as a starting point; devel
- Visual identity for entertainment company Good Hero, a new production entity founded by producer Laurent Zeitoun (The Death of Stalin, The Intouchables) with the mission of creating, fostering and distribiting IP aimed at ‘children between 7–77 years old’: Good Heroes experiencing a good story in a good world. The identity is inspired by wooden block puzzles and toys which have inspired millions of children of all ages — built on a playful mark that references creative growth, play, variety & m
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Reasons.London.2016 - Old St, London - Friday 19th February 2016 Reasons.London returns for the 4th time to Old St, London. Reasons.London is an affordable single day event with an awesome line-up of speakers. It's the perfect way to finish your working week and start your weekend!2016 Speakers: Linda Brownlee Tom Muller Eva-Lotta Lamm Mister Phil Emily Forgot Sarah Parmenter Mike Brondbjerg SOLD OUT
- Here's one for people with a love of the Digital world. The Dots Digital Design, UX/UI & Motion Graphics Portfolio Masterclass will take place at AKQA on Tuesday 30th May 2017. There are 30 spaces available at this event. Apply to join by Monday 22nd May, 11:00pm>> Apply here This event is supported by Squarespace, Shutterstock & MOO.
Owner & Creative DirectorhelloMuller
London, United KingdomFull Time
helloMuller Ltd. is an independent multi-disciplinary design practice with a reputation for making modern, memorable and award-winning work. The studio partners with technology startups, movie studios, publishers, media producers, filmmakers, and ad agencies worldwide — with a specific focus on brand and visual identity, graphic design, print, publishing, graphics for film, and digital design. Recent clients include Marvel Entertainment, Image Comics, DC Entertainment, Sony Pictures, Hivemind Entertainment, Éditions Kinaye, Valiant Entertainment, 2 Miles Entertainment, Google, WIRED, Paramount Pictures, Protozoa Pictures/Darren Aronofsky, Universal Pictures, Disney, TV Guide, StudioCanal, WGSN, StudioCanal, TV Guide, and Mondo.
Creative DirectorMirum Agency, WPP
- London, United KingdomFull Time
As Creative Director at Mirum I led the creative output and worked with the design teams across long-term client accounts HSBC, Yonex, and Wunderman Thompson as well as actively participating in winning pitches for the business. — This was a continuation of my role at Possible, as the Possible agency brand has merged with Mirum to form a single digital experience and innovation agency called Mirum UK which sits within the Wunderman Thompson network.
+ Show more
- Brand Identity
- Interface Design
- Digital/ Print
- Publication Design
- Graphic Design
- Responsive Web
- Comic Books
- Art and Creative Direction