Verena is an energetic marketing professional with over 7 years of experience in digital planning and production in the field of brand communication. Translating business objectives into fully integrated frameworks and concepts that trigger value exchange between brands and consumers. Leading interdisciplinary teams of creatives, strategists & technologists and delivering thought leadership on branded content, ecommerce, media strategy, partnerships, social and user-experiences that drive customer growth and brand advocacy.
- YouTube Festival Production and ConceptGermany is the second biggest market for YouTube. For the YouTube Festival 2017 in Berlin B-Reel was asked to create the design guidelines across all communications and festival platforms. With the creation of an overarching art direction, I was the trusted advisor and producer across all deliverables. The teams output achieved a strong brand appearance that was manifested in a branding package which included motion designs for loops, annoucements and transitions. Further the deliverables included motion design and content creation for an agency video, keynote speeches and for show performances of FlyingSteps and Beginners. Further I was the main contact person for the production of the first B2B magazine Our Audience is Yours. This included content strategy, table of content, shortlist and management of asset creation of YouTube creators, layout and style guidelines, print. Role: Freelance Senior Brand Manager / Producer
- Malibu #BestsummereverMalibu wanted to make their brand more relevant to twenty-something millennials so we at HAVAS media and the creative partner Analog Folk created The Best Summer Ever Project, an original content series that launched on YouTube and was supported by a targeted TrueView campaign. The campaign produced more than 10 million YouTube channel views with a total watch time of 10 years in the first six weeks. Promotional activity sees people pushed to sign up at the Malibu Best Summer Ever site to win prizes including VIP holidays to Ibiza Rocks, concerts at The O2, Vevo and Spotify gigs. This will be followed by the launch of a YouTube channel, encouraging consumers to help curate a collection of over 100 summer experiences to create the definitive list, which can be shared with friends. For a true digital response we invested a larger spend with publishers Spotify and Vevo. Spotify created a bespoke Malibu branded hub to house content that would allow us to be an enabler of fun - including not just playlists, but also outdoor pub garden locators, a What’s Trending tab (an essential guide to Summer brought to you by Malibu) and a bespoke cocktail maker. We ran competitions to get entries (and data capture) via our social sharing platforms. As the leading Social Strategist on this campaign I was responsible for the digital strategy, communication tactics and content roadmap and the distribution of media spend to drive traffic to our destination pages. A combination of audio and visual placements which changed over the course of the all summer long campaign communicated our #Bestsummerever message. We also employed programmatic creative with a high impact format and interactive content that tapped into key offerings (Ibiza Rocks tickets, Vevo Go-Show etc) and evolved over the summer period.
- Brand publishing - Fabletics - video marketing Fabletics is an athletic wear e-commerce brand co-founded by Kate Hudson. As Content Marketing Lead for Europe I am crafting the brand strategy and hero content stories that carry the brand messaging of fit and strong women. As such our content experience across all digital properties are leading with human interest stories and successes from our community of inspiring women. With our partner studios, master and brand ambassador programme we are in the known of what is happening in the thriving sports and lifestyle industry. As Content Marketing Lead I also owned the production of communication assets and video primarily. For Autumn we launched a new brand awareness campaign around women empowerment and finding strength in dance to express yourself. Dance is a very powerful domain to claim for Fabletics. Through a collaboration with Pineapple Dance Studio I directed and produced the short film for an image video, integrated on social, crm newsletters and blog. http://blog.fabletics.co.uk/2016/09/dancing-with-the-pros-meet-fabletics-brand-ambassador-professional-dancer-daisy/ Human interest stories were integrated into our CRM strategy for newsletters. Leading with content and featuring a lot of clickable real estate to drive leads and customers to product pages, generating +30% in revenue and an avg. CTR of over 12%.
- Fabletics content hub and category page designInitially Fabletics had a limited view on the collection in order to increase the number of leads signing up to learn more about the business model. Together with the SEO team and Product we built bespoke category pages for highly-ranked keywords with high demand. These category pages are for Yoga, Running, Gym Clothes and Plus Size. The latter was accompanied with a successful marketing campaign and emotive video marketing to position Fabletics as a Plus Size athleisure wear brand, made for all. For sports marketing there are a number of seasonal events, New Years resolution and getting ready for summer are the most prominent ones. The Content team created episodic content that underpinned the content hub that was created for further reading. The platform includes tips from our masters in the categories of healthy eating, fitness, beauty and well-being. The content hub leads with content while also featuring blog content and products in the relevant categories. The content hub enjoys very prominent organic search results due to optimal SEO practises and frequent content updates, including video and UGC content. I have designed the communications and content architecture and strategy for the content hub while also designing the wireframes and briefing the relevant parties in design, product and development. Local content for all markets: http://www.fabletics.co.uk/ready-for-the-beach http://www.fabletics.de/ready-for-the-beach http://www.fabletics.fr/ready-for-the-beach http://www.fabletics.es/ready-for-the-beach
- Fabletics digital brand management and contentFabletics is an athletic wear e-commerce brand co-founded by Kate Hudson. As Content Marketing Lead for Europe I am crafting the brand strategy and hero content stories that carry the brand messaging of fit and strong women. As such our content experience across all digital properties are leading with human interest stories and successes from our community of inspiring women. With our partner studios, master and brand ambassador programme we are in the known of what is happening in the thriving sports and lifestyle industry. Newsletters have been a well-performing vehicle for Fabletics so my team has leveraged this by integrating influencer stories and scrollable content in our weekly newsletters. Governing the production by briefing creatives, briefing influencers and enabling my team of 4 Content Managers (UK, GER, FR, ES) to manage the content in their local markets. Leading with content and featuring a lot of clickable real estate helped drive leads and customers to product pages, generating +30% in revenue and an avg. CTR of over 12%. Social media channels such as Pinterest have a really positive impact on SEO and improving organic ranking. For Christmas we launched a Pinterest campaign. Users were asked to pin their favourite products and the winner would receive £100 as a gift-voucher towards their wishlist. Hosted and designed with content management tool Offerpop.
- Zalando Christmas Campaign microsite Gif GeneratorThe purpose of the microsite was to work as an extension to the integrated Christmas Campaign that was places across all digital channels, print and TV. The objective we set was to break through the Commercial Clutter and support the Enjoy Giving message. Increase Shareability Mobile-First Platform Personalisation & Playfulness Ease of Use We wanted users to share their excitement with friends and family about Christmas and hint to a possible Christmas gift. We enhance the excitement of giving, by creating a microsite with a Zalando Gif-Generator. Users can create personalised messages with the internet’s most favoured medium - a gif. Liasing with development and UX we created a mobile-first experience, localized in 14 languages and promoted across 12 markets. We integrated placements across the full e-commerce user journey, and traffic drivers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp.
+ Show more
Head of Content MarketingFabletics
London, United KingdomFull Time
Fabletics is an athletic wear e-commerce brand co-founded by Kate Hudson with presence in the US, UK, Germany, France, Spain and the Netherlands. Development of overall 2 year strategic plan and annual communication strategy comprising budget allocations for Paid, Owned, Earned Media. Point person with Global in aligning brand vision and managing a team of 4 regional Content Managers. Leading the production of all marketing assets and partnerships across EU, examples: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Women’s Health Magazine, Sofeminine and influencers. Data analysis with respect to attribution models as input for tactical meetings to help shape e-commerce business and introduce new tactics for paid social and video marketing.
Social StrategistHavas Group
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Conceptualizing and implementing digital and social-led strategies. Converting overall strategic direction into what this would mean in terms of content requirements (incl. briefing of media owners, creative, external production agencies and publishers). Liaising with A&I, mobile, SEO, VOD, display, CRM and the editorial content teams to deliver best-in-class digital solutions for global brands. • Designing the summer campaign #BecauseSummer customer journey and digital CRM strategy for Malibu (Pernod Ricard) that included touch points with Spotify and Vevo, Ibiza Rocks Festival and an on-off trade activation. Budget responsibility £1mil. • Devising the paid social strategy for Net-A-Porter that targeted Germany, Russia, France, Italy and the middle East’s high-net-worth individuals. Delivered an ROI of £11 for every £1 spent. • Set-up of a LIVE Room across UK, GER, FR for the launch of Michelin’s new tire to leverage trending topics of the AutoShow Geneva and boost visibility of the product and Michelin’s owned interactive platforms. Crafting a social portfolio strategy for Michelin, merging their category pages to a global page
+ Show more
- Marketing PR
- Strategy Development
- Content Curation
- Strategy and Planning
- Content Architecture
- Strategic Consumer Planning
- Partnership Management
- Account Direction
- Content Distribution
- Content Direction