Founder & Creative Director of Hey. Verònica Fuerte is a designer and illustrator from Barcelona. After earning a degree in Graphic Design from ELISAVA and a MA in Typeface Design from EINA she worked for several design studios in Barcelona. In 2007 she founded her own studio, Hey, which has grown steadily since. She received the ADC Young Guns 7 award and her work has appeared in prestigious media such as It’s nice that, DesignBoom, Communication Arts and AIGA. Verònica also teaches in several different universities in Barcelona and frequently speaks at international conferences.
- Let it Blow! Hey new year Christmas cardsWe blow out candles on birthday cakes to make wishes. We believe, a little bit, that blowing dandelions into the air will give us a wish. We blow on dice for luck when playing games. And now we have blown up loads of colourful streamers to wish happiness for you for the year to come.
- CaravelleCaravelle, based in the Raval neighbourhood of central Barcelona, is a restaurant that caters for a wide range of modern tastes: dining, brunch, smokehouse, specialty coffees and, their latest addition, nano brewery. At the end of 2017 they were looking to expand the branding of their craft beer which they brew on-site. The aim was to create a visual branding and concept system: a single generic label, with clear Caravelle branding, that could be used for each different label in the planned ra
- Hey Businesses cardsAs part of Hey’s 10th anniversary, at the end of 2017, we designed ourselves new business cards. We made vibrant, simple and colourful gradient designs produced with both matt and satin finishes. The result of 24 different models, as always, represents Hey’s ethos; a positive attitude and an open predisposition, something fun and unexpected.
- ArrelsArrels, which means “roots” in English, is a Barcelona based footwear brand making shoes for the urban market. Creating the identity meant finding the right balance between their urban look and their rural roots and between being handmade and mass produced. This duality is reflected in the two colours of the identity and in the pattern created for the boxes and the shoes; an idea which was carried over to the brochure. The design of the pattern plays with the idea that if you were to rip up all
- Ajuntament BCN – NadalChristmas in Barcelona not only sees a big increase in consumer spending but also in the cultural and social events that take place. In recent years the city council has chosen to reflect the full range of these festive activities rather than just focus on the commercial side of the holidays. They have done this by taking a more narrative approach to their campaigns. Over the summer of 2017 the administration got in touch with Hey and gave us the task of devising the concept and creativity for t
+ View all
Projects credited in
- This International Women’s Day, meet the 200 Women Redefining the Creative Industry in 2018Discover our 2020 list here This International Women's Day, we asked influential icons to nominate 10 trailblazing women who they believe are redefining the creator landscape. The result? A unique and incredible list of 200 trailblazing women breaking barriers and inspiring change! Only 36% of jobs in the creative sector are currently filled by women. At the top of the tree there’s an even bigger problem - women make up only 11% of Creative Directors. In an attempt to change this, our month-lo165
Barcelona, SpainFull Time
Founder & Creative Directress at Hey Verònica is a designer, illustrator, international speaker and creative director from Barcelona. After graduating from Elisava and Eina, she gained experience in several design studios. In 2007 she founded Hey, which has grown steadily since achieving worldwide recognition. Verònica believes in a multidisciplinary and broad approach to design; she enjoys limitless creativity, bold language, and a forward-thinking perspective on what they do and how they create.
- Design Agency
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Graphic Art
- Graphic Design
- Creative Art Direction