Passionate designer from Northern Ireland with over 3 years of experience within the design field.
- Virus_01This font is a response to the Type project in 1st year of university. This first fontstruction and typeface was based on the theme of Disintegration. I conducted research by looking into video games, digital glitches and how deterioration and decay impacts both the visual quality and deferred meaning. This font can also represent deinterlacing.
- DieselI was a graphic design intern at Diesel, Ireland for Summer 2016 and 2017. During my time there I had worked collectively with both graphic and fashion designers to create prints and patterns for their clothing which had sold very well! I had also worked on their social media platforms and drew up mock ups to allow them to visualise their merchandising. Here are some items that I had worked on.
- ISTD: 036For this years ISTD project, I had chosen the Anniversaries brief. Currently the eyes of the world are focused on the Middle East and the hundreds of thousands of Syrians who are fleeing their homes because of civil war. But nearly 40 years ago, it was a different refugee crisis that was dominating the headlines. Those at the centre of it became known as The Vietnamese Boat People. Crammed into small fishing boats, they risked their lives to escape their home country and in these publications, I dedicate this to my family and family friends who were on boat THK 036. DRIFT contains a series of photographs of the boat 036 and to go along with the photos, I have included a poem by Brian Bilston. Read top-to-bottom as normal, his piece says refugees "are not welcome here", calls on them to "go back to where they came from" and says "a place should only belong to those who are born there". But the poet adds a small request at the end of his poem: "Now read from bottom-to-top". And the results are really something else... FIXED on the other hand, focuses on the refugees storys and their resettlement in the UK.
- Frank Lloyd Wright at 100I have created a poster to promote the 150th anniversary exhibition of architect Frank Lloyd Wright at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, copies of which are currently in the museums educational archive. The screen printed poster follow the typographic grid structure of Swiss design and feature san serif typography alongside vector graphics.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Women On FilmA campaign pack that aims to get women to be film critics to balance out the lack of female critics. The campaign takes place on a website where users watch and review new films featuring female leads, directors, writers, editors...etc. The subscriber would receive a welcome pack containing a leaflet about the project, a preview of the films available to watch and review, a pad to make notes on the film and branded badges and pencils to advertise the campaign. It was a collaborative project with Vivian Vong. The campaign site can be viewed here.
Bristol, United KingdomFull Time
I started at Swordfish Advertising as a Junior Designer, and progressed sufficiently gaining more responsibilities throughout my duration. At this fully integrated healthcare agency, I work alongside copywriters, account managers and fellow designers, creative and art directors to formulate strategic concepts to be rolled-out across multi-channel campaigns.
- Adobe Indesign/illustrator/photoshop
- Fashion Graphics
- Brand Campaigns