Creativity has the power to bring about change. I generate creative ideas that evoke thought, engagement & awareness. I’m relentless about tackling social & sustainable issues. My interest in strategy, nudges & behavioural economics drives me to understand and harness how behaviours can be changed for the better. See some more of my crazy ideas: www.yasminspencercreative.com
- I’m so fed up of seeing those horrible blue single-use masks littering the streets! They last for 500 years before they break down! Scientists predict that, if we don’t cut consumption, there’ll be more masks than jellyfish in our oceans. So I wrote a song about the issue. Introducing 500 Years! Wear reusable please.
- Recently politicians and the media have increasingly vilified refugees. Ring leaders such as The Daily Mail, Priti Patel and Nigel Farage have dehumanised the people risking their lives to cross the channel by calling them an 'invasion', a 'swarm' and branding them as 'criminals'. This spreading of hate messaging only causes British people to lose empathy when considering the hardships that refugees have faced while fleeing for their lives and the safety of their families. This social media po
- Female masturbation! Feeling uncomfortable? For those with vaginas, masturbation is shrouded in secrecy and shame. This shame is causing a pleasure gap! Touch It creates a movement that empowers young women to explore and accept their bodies and needs. This campaign gets people to move their body for their body, celebrating their shame-free right to pleasure! It will change the narrative of female masturbation, from unspoken to spoken and from shame to pride. Signalling to girls everywhere tha
- Planet points places the environment at the heart of shopper decision making. Many people are cutting out palm oil or plastic from their weekly shop, but currently there is no reward or support for this behaviour. Behaviour psychologists outline that personal environmental action lacks incentive and feedback. It’s impossible to know whether our little actions make that much of a difference, and for a lot of us, that can be demotivating. Planet Points provides immediate incentive and feedback
- Statistics show that girls aged 14-19 are struggling to participate in sports. But what statistics overlook is that there is an activity that girls are participating in... that’s Cheerleading! Cheerleading is the fastest growing activity in the UK, especially for teen girls! But the problem is, it’s not classed as an official sport by SportEngland. As a result of this, Cheerleading lacks funding and girls don’t feel included in sports culture or championed as the athletes they are! Nike Plus
- Know the Name, Love the Game tackles equality in football. Women’s football doesn’t have a consistent following or devoted fan base like men’s football. Despite loving the game, female players are undervalued and underpaid. Male footballers are always in the media; people know their names and stories. This isn’t the case for women. Know the Name, Love the Game raises the profile of women’s footballers by showing their stories on and off the pitch. It’s a fun way to increase excitement about i
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- D&AD One-To-Watch 2020. 14 - 19 year old girls are not engaging in sport culture. They cope with weekly hormones fluctuations that affect everything from body confidence to self-esteem. However, Cheerleading is a sport empowering young girls to have confidence through a community of support.
- Pitching, hustling, scribbling, sea swimming, protesting, researching, dog walking, arguing, crafting and having fun. Week in, week out. That's how, in 2018 and 2019, our students have won the most number of awards compared to any other ad school in the world. Our course has an uncompromising emphasis on learning by doing. And it works. Our grad network is the biggest and most successful in the world, and you will find Falmouth folk working in renowned ad agencies including Ogilvy, Wieden
- UK households throw away £700 a year in food waste, and businesses are no better. Despite many of us using council food bin services, we rarely think about the amount that is thrown away in them. Therefore, we want to start the "Worth Your Waste" tracking website to help people actively think about waste reduction. Tracking culture has become very influential on consumer behaviour. We obsessively track everything from our Domino’s pizza order and likes on social media, to our weight loss and bu
Marketing DirectorGilbert Engineering
Cardiff, United KingdomFull Time
During my time as Marketing Director at Gilbert Engineering, I established a strong post COVID B2B Marketing Strategy.
Founder, Captain & CoachFusion Cheerleading
- Falmouth, United KingdomPart Time
Introducing competitive Cheerleading to Cornwall involved money management, brand management, leadership and subverting stereotypes. But it rewarded girls with sporting opportunities and experiences they would never have had otherwise.
- Creative Art Direction
- Creative Copywriting
- Creative Artworking
- Creative Approach
- Problem Solving
- Behavioural Insight
- Consumer Behaviour
- Social Sustainability
- Sustainable Development
- Social Change
- Social Communications
- Adobe Suite
- Creative Pitching
Climate Change: Solutions (Short Course)University of Exeter
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Undertaking a course in Climate Change Solutions is providing me with an in depth understanding of the UN's sustainable development goals, basic knowledge of the science behind climate change and the appropriate areas and methods to bring about solutions. This course is giving me connections to people fighting climate change all over the world and has helping me think critically and creatively about how to reach the global goals.
CIM Level 1: Marketing In ActionCIM | The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Falmouth, United Kingdom
Using my dissertation research I achieved my CIM Level 1 qualification by creating a full marketing plan targeting eco-conscious consumers in 2020. Creating an environmental marketing campaign involved extensive primary and secondary research into current environmental concerns and trends.
+ Show more