Chronic Youth Film Festival 2019
The programme includes UK premiers, Q&As, an open submission shorts programme, and a showcase of British archive films. We reflect upon and challenge the shifting role of youth culture within society at large, and provide a platform for emerging filmmakers and programmers to reach new audiences.
Chronic Youth Film Festival is the product of a seven-month collaborative exploration by London based programmers and curators ages 15 to 25.
As part of the 2018/19 intake of Young Programmers at the Barbican Centre, I am co-programming and assisting with management/organisation of the Chronic Youth Film Festival.
My role involved:
• researching and selecting films for the programme line up
• liaising with distributors
• creative strategy for marketing
• generating copy for films and programme notes
• social outreach through various channels
• conducting live events such as public workshops, Q&As and screenings
• directing and designing promotional merchandise such as zines, badges, stickers