Coco de Mer Taps Rankin and The Full Service - Coco de Mer x Playboy SS19 Campaign
Rankin and his London based global creative agency -The Full Service present a new campaign for British lingerie brand Coco de Mer and its first collection for Playboy inspired by vintage Playboy pinups and past iconic covers for the SS19 season with the collection boasting glamorous vintage influences.
British photographer Rankin lensed the shots and look book and directed the short film.
Coco de Mer collaborates with Playboy on an exclusive lingerie collection for SS19
● The Playboy Collection by Coco de Mer launches January 2019 in global retail outlets
● Inspired by the sensual glamour of vintage Playboy pinups with a playful twist
Coco de Mer has collaborated with Playboy on a collection that combines glamour and femininity with a touch of flirtation. Let this collaboration take you back to the time when women were first empowered to feel sensual and embrace their sexuality.
The collection draws on glamorous vintage influences and each range is based on an iconic Playboy issue. Discover a playfully provocative collection with sheer, delicate tulles combined with fun and feminine trims and exclusive embroideries to create flirtatious bedroom pieces. Iconic Coco de Mer shapes are mixed with new contemporary styles to tempt and inspire - this is lingerie made for pleasure.
The Playboy Collection by Coco de Mer includes:
● Kiss Me - A scarlet red embroidery combined with soft red satin, inspired by the red lips on the cover of
Playboy in May 1979. Asymmetric cut aways shape the body in conceal and reveal designs that tempt, tease
and empower - the perfect Valentine’s gift.
● Tempt Me - Black allover lace teams with removable black strapping and gold hardware to create a provocative collection with a bondage aesthetic.
● Catch Me - Inspired by the Playboy Bunny herself, this collection takes a feminine and playful direction. A
removable faux fur pompom is attached to each style in a cute and flirtatious way - made for the Playboy
Bunny in all of us!
● Tease Me - A subtle silver sparkle will catch your eye in this bespoke embroidery range. Paired with a velvety black satin, this collection is modern and seductive, perfect for the contemporary woman. Iconic Coco de Mer shapes are combined with new styles to create this shimmering collection.
Retail prices range from £35 for an eye mask to £120 for a babydoll.
“This collaboration with Coco de Mer embodies everything that’s playful and sexy about our brand,” says Reena Patel, Head of Licensing Operations at Playboy. “Playboy fans are going to love this line and we can’t wait to see their reaction.”
Lucy Litwack, CEO of Coco de Mer says: “It has been an exciting adventure to collaborate with the iconic Playboy brand. We have developed such a playful and feminine collection together which perfectly encompasses the empowering images and silhouettes from Playboy’s golden age with Coco de Mer’s signature erotic styles. We’ve created must-have pieces with a flirtatious yet sophisticated and luxurious feel. This is a collaboration to inspire and empower.”
Coco de Mer has won Independent Retailer of the Year at the UK Lingerie Awards for the last 4 years.
PLAYBOY SS19 // COCO DE MER CREDITS
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: NICOLA KENNEY
PRODUCER: CHRISTINE WRIGHT
MAKE UP ARTIST: MARCO ANTONIO
HAIR STYLIST: JONATHAN CONNELLY
HAIR ASSISTANT: C/O JONATHAN CONNELLY DIR
MANICURIST: MICHELLE CLASS @ STELLA CREATIVE ARTISTS
STYLIST: ELLIE WITT
STYLING ASSISTANT: SARAH MTIMET
TALENT: MARIANE @ LENIS MODELS
TALENT: SCHIRIN @ IMG MODELS
STILLS ASSISTANT: JACK CHAMBERLAIN
STILLS ASSISTANT: MICAELA MCLUCAS
STILLS ASSISTANT: DERRICK KAKEMBO
STILLS ASSISTANT: CONOR CLARKE
STILLS ASSISTANT: ED AKED
DIGI: NEIL BENNETT
DIGI: ALEX GALE
FILM TEAM: REMI LAUDT
FILM TEAM: MUSA CLARKE
FILM TEAM ASSISTANT: WILL STUETZ
ART DEPARTMENT: MARCO TURICH
ART DEPARTMENT: KENZIE YEO DONALDSON
ART DEPARTMENT: AMELIA TAVENNER
ART DEPARTMENT: ARCHIE HARDING