Qtum - Smart Contract Platform
Qtum is an open-source hybrid blockchain application platform. Qtum’s core technology combines the security of UTXO model, robust Bitcoin core architecture and an Account Abstraction Layer, which acts as a bridge to communicate multiple Virtual Machines, including the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) and x86 VM. The Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism enables true decentralization, while also increasing stability, security and efficiency of the blockchain platform.
- Bitcoin UTXO protocol
- Support for smart contract development
- POS v3.0 consensus mechanism
- Value Transferring
- Decentralized Governance Protocol: DGP allows to customize the blockchain using smart contracts
- x86 Virtual Machine: x86 VM enables support for C, C++, Rust, Python and other languages allowing to build in virtually any environment.
- Over 5000 nodes operational around the globe
- Active community of developers, providing comprehensive documentation, samples of code and tools
- Account Abstraction Layer: AAL decouples applications from the underlying protocol and increases smart contract scalability