This comprehensive manual covers all aspects of the law likely to affect illustrators. It contains recommended terms and conditions, advice on calculating fees, how to write a licence agreement and be protected against exploitative practices.
Interspersed with great contemporary illustrations, the handbook has been written by Simon Stern.
Questions answered in the Guide include:
- My illustration is based in a photograph. Will I be in trouble?
- Is it OK to include a trademark in my illustration?
- I’ve been asked for ‘below-the-line’ rights. What are they?
- I’ve been asked to ‘waive my Moral Rights’. What are moral rights? What does ‘waiving them’ mean?
- My client says we have a contract, but I haven’t signed anything. Is she right?
Bespoke artworks were created for each section of the book by well known illustrators, including Andy Smith, Nancy Tolford, Sarah Coleman, Harriet Russell and Lasse Skarbövik. Russell Cobb produced the cover wrap illustration
Published by The Association of Illustrators, London