Sign up for this closed online art therapy group using your UAL email address. UAL students only.
Do you feel you can express who you want to be and/or what you want to communicate or is something holding you back? What could it be? You are welcome to join us online to explore these ideas in a group art therapy setting with other UAL students feeling similarly. Whether this be course related, feelings surrounding your own identity, or maybe your how your ideas may or may not align with others. Whatever your scenario, please join us to reflect together within our supportive and confidential group. The creation of individual artwork will be encouraged during the session to support your process. However, there is no expectation to share your artwork if you prefer not to.
This 5 session online group will involve the same group of people meeting each week to work together therapeutically. Out of respect for fellow group members, please ensure that you can commit to attending all of the dates before signing up.
**Please sign up using your UAL email address only**
We cannot guarantee you a place if you do not use your UAL email address.
Friday 3, 10, 17, 24 November and 1 December, 1pm - 3pm. Online group.
Further details will be shared closer to the time.
This event is for currently enrolled UAL students only.
What to Expect
1. By signing up once you’re automatically signed up to all 5 online sessions. If you’re unable to attend, please cancel your place.
2. All levels of artistic ability are welcome - your artwork will not be judged or evaluated during the session. We will instead invite you to use your artwork as a visual and tactile media as a means of self expression and communication.
3. As we’re working online, you’ll need to supply your own materials e.g. pen, pencil, chalk, paints, pastels, felt tips, paper, glue, leaves, twigs, string, digital media etc (anything you have!).
4. Our intention is to help you feel warmly welcomed and accepted as you are. Alongside this, it is natural that the ‘feel’ of each session may vary depending on what each participant brings. All feelings, positive or negative, are welcome.
5. Attendees are asked to arrive at the session start time and to stay for the session duration, where possible, as taking part in the whole 2 hour experience is an important aspect for both your own and the group's process. There will be a short break during the session.
6. Sessions are held on Microsoft Teams. Participants are strongly encouraged to turn on their web cameras during the session to enhance the feeling of togetherness. We understand however that wifi bandwidth issues may prevent some participants from turning on their cameras.