Organised by Growth & Grace Collective
Growth & Grace presents our first Demystifying Women in Tech event held at Central Working Victoria.
Working within the tech industry can be challenging, especially if you are a woman. Research has found that only 3% of females say a career in technology is their first choice and that only 5% of leadership positions in the technology sector are held by women. The time is now to switch up the industry and demystify women in tech.
Is this workshop for me?
This workshop is for you if you are a women in tech, interested in tech or simply are curious about the issue.
By the end of this workshop, you will have a better understanding of the challenges women in tech face, smashing the stereotypes.
What to expect on the day:
- Arrival: 6:30
- Introductions 6:45 - 6:50
- Lightening round: 6:50 - 7:15.
- Talk / Q&A: 7:15-8:00
- Workshop wrap up and informal networking: 8:00 - 8:30.
About your Panel
Laura is presently an Engagement Manager for the British Government's Government Digital Service. She is passionate for all things digital and seeks to better support women in tech.
At the end of 1999 Susan moved from Saudi Arabia to the UK and dived straight into the ever changing fast-paced IT industry, specifically the world of software development. Her career started at the dawn of the internet age so she has been the consumer, observer and player on court as the WWW weaved its way into our lives & businesses.
Susan is most proud of breaking the mould of what it is to be a female leader and proudly flies her geek flag and is on a mission to create leaders who have the belief, mindset, technical skills & vision to thrive in this Digital Age.
Dr Julia Jones
Dr Julia Jones is a life-long learner, an aspiring women in tech and social entrepreneurship. A people-powered person, on a mission, to make communities, workplaces and educational institutes a healthy and happy place to be. The founder & CEO of Aray Wellbeing Community Interest Company, a positive change social enterprise that provides bespoke care packages for wellness in companies. As a social enterprise, we work with people (18+), to provide them with free resources & employment skills. She is currently creating a digital creative programme for underrepresented people. To help them realise their fullest potential. She also has a PhD from UCL - in regenerative medicine in skeletal muscle tissue engineering.
Is your event for women only?
We welcome anyone who identifies as a woman or a non-binary woman. We're on a mission to close the opportunity gap for female founders, so if G&G is a fit for how you identify then we'd love to have you join us.
Terms & Conditions
By buying a ticket, you agree to the following:
- Latecomers will not be admitted more than half an hour after the event has started.
- We operate on a first-come-first-served basis. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- We actively encourage our community to share photos and quotes from the event.
- Your photo might be taken and used for promotional purposes at a later period.
- At all of our events, photos will be taken throughout the session.
- We do not allow for our events to be recorded in full.
- However, we do allow for short snippets to be recorded for social media purposes.
- We do this to ensure the integrity of our speaker's intellectual property rights under UK law.