Don't Tell the Bride is a reality show filmed by Renegade Productions for BBC Three. Grooms are given a budget to organise all aspects of the wedding, from venue to cake, without the bride knowing any details. For series 6, professional wrestler Mike chose Battersea Arts Centre to marry Becky.
My role as Event Coordinator was to work with Mike and the production team to deliver the wedding in a 3 week period, over a busy weekend in September. His creative ideas included a full-size wresting ring, fire jugglers and a sword swallower....
This included, but was not limited to:
- Negotiating a reduced hire rate and contract terms with the production company, to include bar allowance, lighting design and AV
- Designing a floorplan in line with health and safety requirements for seating near to a boxing ring
- Collaborating with events technician to create lighting and staging for the wrestling entrance
- Accrediting and inducting suppliers including caterer and balloon sculptor
- Completing a detailed risk assessment to cover the event
- Liaising with Mike throughout the event process whilst being filmed by production company at all times
- Booking and briefing staff for the event build and delivery including event assistants, crew and technicians
- Delivering the event alongside the building duty manager; acting upon leaks incurred during heavy rain...!