Filming for Betty TV and Channel 4 of the finale showcase of 'Heston's Great British Food - chocolate'. A giant Black Magic chocolate box was built in the Somerset House Courtyard, and opened to reveal a Parisian-style restaurant. A chocolate themed menu was served to industry professionals, with the general public invited to taste Heston Blumenthal's giant chocolate bar, brought to the arena on a fork lift truck.
My role as event coordinator was to work with Betty TV in order to deliver the filming event during public opening hours, with only a 3 day lead time.
This included, but was not limited to:
- Ensuring the Somerset House PR department was in agreement for the filming to proceed
- Contracting and invoicing the production company for the direct costs incurred
- Informing the tenants and staff at Somerset House of the filming and acting upon any impacts this may cause on the day-to-day running of the site
- Booking staff for the build, event and breakdown, including operations managers, hosts, technicians and security
- Creating a risk assessment for the overall event to ensure public safety is paramount
- Liaising with the production coordinator for a full traffic schedule and accrediting suppliers to site
- Briefing all staff and working with the operations manager to deliver the production