Project Overview: Developing a comms strategy for the 3rd largest sporting event in the world
Our Challenge: We needed to change the conversation in Ontario from apathy to anticipation for the largest event in Canada's sporting history.
- Dimensionalise the size and scale of the Pan Am games.
- Take our audience on an emotional journey to drive awareness and conversation about the games
- Make them want to come to Ontario
- Awareness for Pan Am/Parapan Am Games advertising: from 19% (pre) to 42% (post campaign)
- Proven recall: 53% (vs. objective of 40%)
- Purchase intent: 32% (vs. objective of 25%)
- Positive impression of the games: 63% (vs. objective of 50%)
- YouTube: 3.6M views for Invade
- It’s important to note that the video went viral almost immediately without any paid advertising, generating over 185K organic views (vs. a typical 4K views achieved by previous videos).
- YouTube completion rates was at 21% (vs. benchmarks of 13%)
- Pre-roll video completion rates was at 24% (compared to benchmarks of 15%).
- Visits to ontariotravel.net: 100,000 to the Pan Am page (vs. objective
of 75,000 visits).
- Instagram Ads indexed at 112 for recall.