Mortgage Alarm Clock, Dynamo Mortgages
Dynamo's Mortgage Alarm Clock is a project developed by myself and the PR Lead at Dynamo Mortgages, Aisling Gray. It is a service you can sign up to in order to get a reminder of when your mortgage is due for renewal. The goal of the service is to help people avoid going onto their lender's Standard Variable Rate when their product expires.
The project was based on research done by Dynamo Mortgages and Countrywide, which concluded that nearly a third of homeowners go onto their lender's Standard Variable Rate for an average of 43 days, costing them over £371 extra.
• We achieved a total of 47 hits just for the Procrastination Penalty release, with a value of £173k in advertising equivalent. This was made up of articles in the major national newspapers, as well as a flurry of regional coverage and blogs.
• The Times: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-price-you-pay-for-not-seizing-the-mortgage-day-39d9xwvmq
• Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-5719035/Homeowners-suffer-procrastination-penalty-fixed-rate-mortgages-end.html?cmp.consent=true
• ThisIsMoney: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-5719035/Homeowners-suffer-procrastination-penalty-fixed-rate-mortgages-end.html
• Family Budgeting (blog): https://family-budgeting.co.uk/the-shocking-procrastination-penalty-of-not-switching-mortgage-deals-in-time/
• Project management
• Product development
• Building website
• Light coding (HTML and CSS used in Unbounce builder)