I’m a writer of Prose and Poetry, A video and audio Editor with experience in graphic & web design. I’m a Published Poet, Facilitator and Spoken Word Artist. A freelance Online Content Creator as well as the Founder & MD of VerseFirst poetry productions & the Host and Producer of the VerseFirst poetry podcast. I’m an award-winning BBC Commissioned Poetry Filmmaker & Co-Voiced the ‘Write Brummie’ Project for BBC Radio 4.
- 5000HURTSThe Debut Chapbook, published by Burning Eye Books in 2019, 5000 HURTS is an exploration of the myriad ways we experience and inflict hidden trauma. Using the 5Khz median frequency of Tinnitus as a jumping off point Adrian plays with familiar poetic forms and generates new ones to capture characters, moments and narratives wherein that hidden hurt surfaces. 5000 HURTS is a book that knows how terrible we can be to ourselves, and to each other. and hopes by recognizing the harm we cause we can b
- Why Poetry? PodcastVerseFirst’s Flagship Podcast. Why Poetry? Dedicated to exploring questions of Poetics, the socio-politics of poetry & how poems end up in the forms and places they do. Interview lead audio essays, hosted and produced by ThinkWriteFly featuring a growing selection of the most vibrant and talented voices in UK poetry, Criticism and Academia.
- Alone TogetherA VerseFirst Production. Intimate Slow Radio Shorts, showcasing poetry performance and the thoughts behind the verse. We gather together in Coffee shops, Pub back rooms, Theater spaces art galleries sometimes even living rooms to speak verse to listening ears. It's what we live for, we wordsmiths. We find ourselves in the undulating gaze of an audience, validate our art on the mics and stages of venues as much as we do the Pages of books and magazines. The stages are quiet now. We find ourse
+ Show more
Managing Director/ Exec ProducerVerseFirst Productions
Birmingham, United KingdomPart Time
VerseFirst is a media project dedicated to amplifying Midlands performance poetry, highlighting writers and performers pushing the boundaries of poetics and performance. Through social media, online video, podcasts and events we put verse; first, the rest comes naturally. https://www.versefirst.org/ Current projects: Alone together: an experimental slow radio podcast of sound design music and Poetry, designed to overcome the boundaries lockdown has placed on poetry performance by allowing poets to present intimate and direct readings of their work to one audience member at a time. Why poetry?: an investigative, interview focused Podcast and Video project, researching poetics, how and why we write and how poetry works in society.
Media Maker & FaclilitatorThinkWriteFly Creative
Birmingham, United KingdomFreelance
Writing & Performing poetry, alongside filmmaking and creative copy on commission. Touring my work & facilitating creative writing workshops for intermediate to experienced poets. ThinkWriteFly is the umbrella brand for any contract work I undertake not directly related to a project I’m managing and the brand under which I was Commissioned to make BoyShapedSpace for BBC New Creatives and vocal performance for Write Brummie on BBC Radio 4.
+ Show more
- Creative Writing
- Creative Workshops
- Audio Editing
- Video Editing
- Performance Poetry
- Writing Poetry
- Voice Artist
- Creative Production
Master of Arts in Creative WritingBirmingham City University
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
I aimed to push the boundaries of my creative practice, develop my poetic in a hothouse of talent and theory and get something out into the world. I wrote everything from sitcom scripts to short stories but returned to my core form to publish my first poetry chapbook. 5000HURTS published in 2019, I graduated with a Merit in 2020.
BA(Hons) English and Drama 2:1Birmingham City University
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
Three years of writing & directing every assignment. It’s how I fell in love with work off stage, backstage & the logistics of storytelling. By graduation, I had developed project management, filmmaking skills via documentary making & workshop leading experience.