As a recent graduate who studied Fashion Design (IND) at the University of Leeds, the design and production knowledge I hold of garments is strengthened by scientific and practical awareness of Fashion. The Fashion industry is enthralling and with my experience and strong ability to undertake role-based learning, I deliver a professional approach where I perform duties to the best of my ability. I thrive when working in a fast-paced environment where I can follow through my transferable skills and take on new challenges. I enjoy collaborating in design and production as well as working in a team where innovation is key. Alongside my studies I have been making face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic to help prevent a shortage key workers may face of medical masks. As a result I have raised over £1,200 for NHS Charities Together. Furthermore, I have also become an NHS volunteer, offering any opportunity I get to help vulnerable individuals or those who have been infected by this detrimental virus.
- STILL LIFE - FINAL COLLECTIONThis Winter 2020 lookbook is a collaboration of my final collection for my Fashion Innovation module. With fur in fashion being such a controversial topic, the innovation behind the collection is printed fur. I have developed a range of fur prints which encourage the consumer to consider a third alternative to real and faux fur as well as consider sustainability, silhouette and animal welfare.
- QUINTESSENTIAL GARDENQuintessential Garden - Inspired by the rose room and garden at Annabel's club, London, this concept thrives for luxury and class. These rooms provide feminine, floral prints and when collaborated with delicate materials it creates chic and effortless lingerie, fit for the elite.
- GEOMETRIC JUNGLEGEOMETRIC JUNGLE - Packed with kaleidoscope prints and jungle greenery, this concept has been inspired from the nightclub and jungle room in Annabel's club, London. For the brand Essential Antwerp, this collection allows the customer to have a pop of colour saturated down with hues of copper whilst the heavily inspired jungle vibe gives a fashionable twist to her affluent lifestyle.
+ Show more
ASSISTANT GARMENT TECHNOLOGISTAmanda Wakeley
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Amanda Wakeley - a British couture fashion brand that captures RTW, accessories and bridal design in a chic, yet effortless form. The epitome of luxury is resonated through dressing some of the world's most glamorous including Princess Diana, Beyonce and Meghan Markle. From an internship which progressed into a full-time paid position, my experience has been invaluable, grounding the early stages of my career. o Measuring/approving shipment samples o Completing AQL inspection sheets o Liaising with factories regarding production o Managing SMS and PP samples o Amends for campaign photoshoot o General admin, facilitating technical team
TECHNICAL, PRODUCTION AND DESIGN INTERNAmanda Wakeley
- London, United KingdomInternship
o Beadmarking (design to pattern) o Cooperating range plans o Conducted photoshoots, collating runway shows (Annabel’s Club) o Styling modelling o Trend research (SS20+accessories) o Attending fit sessions+processing comments o Bridal store assistance, consultations o Creating tech packs+specifications, reference to seasonal range plans o Wakeley woman press evenings, networking with special guests
+ Show more
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Lightroom
- Digital Printing
- Laser Cutting
- Wacom Tablet
- Microsoft Office
BA(Hons) Fashion Design INDUniversity of Leeds
- Leeds, United Kingdom
DURING MY TIME AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS I STUDIED FASHION DESIGN WITH A YEARS PLACEMENT AT AMANDA WAKELEY. KEY MODULES INCLUDED: GARMENT TECHNOLOGY, FASHION INNOVATION, INDEPENDENT DISSERTATION, FASHION DESIGN AND PORTFOLIO, SPORTSWEAR AND PERFORMANCE AND CREATIVE MARKETING. MY TIME AT LEEDS HAS BEEN INVALUABLE, ALLOWING ME TO CONNECT WITH INDUSTRY EXPERTS AS WELL AS EXCEL IN MY SKILLS.
A LevelsKIMBERLEY COLLEGE
- Bedford, United Kingdom
A2 Level’s Studied Extended Project A* Textiles A Drama A Psychology B
+ Show more