TV Locations Assistant with a strong background in Event Management, and Stage Management, roles which have equipped me with great skills in organisation, planning, scheduling, and team work. Working within TV, theatre and on cruise ships, I am used to working long days with few or no days off and feel I've demonstrated a strong work ethic. My transition from theatre/events to TV has been recent, but is an industry I've thoroughly loved and thrived in and am keen to continue such work within Locations, taking on as much responsibility as possible. Working in various countries around the world including Vietnam and India, I demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and will relocate to wherever the work arises. I have certificates in First Aid, Fire Safety, Security Management, Lifeboat & Fast Boat Rescue, amongst several others and therefore feel I am a good all-rounder. Happy to expand upon my experience upon request.
• Scout locations around South Wales for filming • Arrange recce visits and tech recces • Set up & maintain each location; manage traffic • Assist Locations Manager and Unit Manager as required • Set up of signs leading to location, unit base, etc. • General Locations duties
• Set up, maintain and strike sites; Traffic directing • Script Breakdown • Attend recce & tech recce visits; plan logistics for shoot days • Set up for catering • Assist all departments on set
• Worked with a range of comedy, theatre, circus and music companies, managing venue, managing tech rehearsals and turnarounds to ensure everything ran smoothly and on time. • Coordinated get in and get out, installed power, lights, speaker and truss structures • Prior to festival, helped build Cowgate venue, installed power, light, sound, built stages and structures, etc.
• Plan, prepare and manage all areas on and off stage for rehearsals and performances at various venues • Call sheets, schedules, prompt book updates, coordination of get-in and get-out, contact sheets, script notes, manage scene changes, support cast, assist director
• Support new stage manager; maintain props; venue setup • Update show running book • Administrative tasks including schedules and inventories • Cash handling; FOH duties; Source suppliers; POs • Assist Director, management, production team
• Lead the build of a replicated London venue within 2 spaces in Cardiff, for the install of 4 productions, and coordinate transfer of shows to London • Create production schedule, budget spreadsheets, tour packs • Purchase orders; supplier sourcing; logistics planning; risk assessments; method statements; book rehearsal spaces • Liaise with writers, directors, production team, cast, staff
Assist with any technical aspect relating to the show Assist lighting designer in operating lighting desk (Grand MA2), rigging, cabling Stood in for Deputy Stage Manager when they were absent; Lines with actors Prop sourcing & making Set up rehearsal space Mark ups of rehearsal space and theatre Get-in, Get-out, building and striking of set
• Manage a team of 40 entertainment professionals: cast, stage crew, musicians, youth staff, cruise staff • Liaison for guest artists, speakers & supplemental staff • Create entire entertainment schedule each cruise and publish in printed and digital programs for guests and crew • Book and set up rehearsal rooms; monitor equipment • Ensure proper H&S procedures adhered to; risk assessments • Point of contact for Health, Environment, Safety, Security inspections; point of contact for fire safety in entertainment • Order supplies; monitor budget; administrative duties • Manage tendering operation; Public announcements
Develop my own entertainment program for Culinary Arts Center, in which I would host culinary demonstrations with a professional chef, to up to 250 guests. Also host demos such as flower arranging with the florist, amongst several others. Co-host game shows and quizzes with Cruise Director Input my program using AffairWhere so that guests received digital copy of the program Liaise with culinary, beverage, and housekeeping departments in order to execute events Host Captain's tables Co-host mixology classes, wine tastings, and more Many other duties
Stage Management/Assistant Stage Management/Deputy Stage Management classes Show calling, cueing, creating prompt book Budgeting Manual handling Lighting desk operation, rigging, focusing, general lighting, plotting Sound recording, mixing, sound desk operation, radio recording, Whyziwig, QLab, Midi Event Management CAD Props making Theatre electrics Event Management project - planning a festival. This became a 179 page document, including logistics and quotes from various suppliers, CAD plans of the proposed site, line up schedule, target audience information. It was presented in a 20 minute presentation to a panel of 4 Event Production Managers. This project received a Distinction.
Operations Management Computer-Aided-Design using SketchUp, Kaledo, Photoshop, Illustrator Quality Assurance Materials Testing Promotion, International Retailing, Management, Marketing Design Management Trend Forecasting, Consumer Behaviour, Buying Budgeting and Costing Media Influences Dissertation: The Effects of the Media on Body Image and Mental Health. Score: 72% (First)