Music is my passion and I have dedicated my life to it so far, from facilitating its creation to curating the way it is being presented to the public be it in a live setting or on a record, promoting the music I love is what I thrive for. This got me to set up a space in 2012 that would incorporate all these elements under one roof : I took over an old warehouse space in Dalston where I set up music studios and a live music venue. It has now become a self sustaining structure that houses 6 production rooms, an online radio , a recording studio and a large rehearsal space. This enterprise got me to work on different projects at the same time and taught me the value of team work without which I wouldn't have been able to achieve all these projects simultaneously. Having a plethora of great musicians and producers around has given me the opportunity to curate numerous bespoke live shows and recordings. Having build a large network of professionals within the music industry from radio, press, promoters and record labels, I pride myself in providing a specialist approach to the projects I am involved with, developing and delivering custom concepts to my clients . The same passion and dedication goes into projects of different sizes; ranging from small gigs with local bands to big names such as Gilles Peterson and Afrika Bambaataa, the curation and project planning get the same attention to detail. The quality of the end product is what really matters to me.
- Series of themed jazz concertsSeries of concerts starring the saxophonist Shabaka Hutchings (2014 Mobo award winner) alongside top notch jazz musicians. The self initiated project aimed at bringing some of the best soul jazz labels and artists catalogue back to life. By cherry picking 6 to 8 track for the band to cover, the following themes were explored in previous events: - Blue Note's finest - CTI records - A tribute to Herbie Hancock (Thrust/Head Hunters) - Joe Henderson on Milestone - Tribute to Idris Muhammad - Tribute to J-Dilla For each events I invited a chef to cook a 3 course meal for the guests.
- NYE party with Gilles Peterson & friendsHaving produced and promoted a few shows for Gilles Peterson's in the past, he approached me to create this ultimate New Year's eve party with him. The show happened over 2 floors at the Total Refreshment Centre with 700 cheerful people dancing into the early hours of 2015. My role included : -Curation. -Budgeting -Booking of the artists -Pre-production planning -Risk assessment -Venue management
- Compilation for Paris DjsThe compilation is an invitation for the listener to travel from a pre-revolutionary Havana to a post war New York, a time when composers had the means to create bold compositions and record producers were not afraid to organize large sessions . This percussion heavy mix focuses on when the raw and sacred rhythms from Cuba met with the reptilian brass sections and subtle arrangements of NYC’s best big bands. Four to the floor double bass, swirling trumpet solos, Hard Bop piano chords makes it a delight for Jazz dancers and sample seekers. Highly explosive…
- Total Refreshment Show on Radar RadioThe bi-monthly 2 hour show features a mix of new music coming out from the 4 corners of London, a lot of exclusives alongside oldies but goodies. My favourite thing is to link the new with the old, finding particular sonic elements in songs from various origins and exposing their analogies by making them stand next to each other. Guests range from music promoters to producers and musicians . Interviews from Danalague (Wot Not), Fatima (Eglo Records), Hailu Mergia (ATFA) and many more.
- Marketing PR
- Art Direction
- Music Event
- Lighting Direction
- Music Blogging
- Lighting and Sound Experience
- Production Process
- Music Video Production
- Logic pro 9
- Music Management
- Music Consulting
- Curation and Programming
- Sound Audio
Best live experience of the yearjazz fmThe concert 'Orphy Robinson Allstars - Bobby Hutcherson Songbook' that I curated and produced won the ' Best Live Experience Of The Year Award' at the Jazz Fm awards 2017.