- A Split of the PsycheIn this psychological thriller, a man in his mid 20s undergoes Brief Psychotic Disorder (AKA Brief Reactive Psychosis) due to extreme stress. As he works, he receives an upsetting message and shortly afterwards trips and falls, injuring his head and sets off a split of his psyche after he awakens. He experiences hallucinations, delusions, and catatonic behaviour. In the film we witness the interior of his mental breakdown through his dreams and symbolic imagery combing with increasing suspense.
- Dance With the Masks ProposalProposal for the Clyde & Co 2015 Blank Canvas I proposed to transform the Blank Canvas into an interactive, instructional guide that invites the audience to “Dance with the Masks”. The piece sends a request to embark on a journey of unveiling the figures’ nature and intention. The viewer is asked to participate and venture in the narrative and interact with the masks by placing their hands in accordance with the handprints. This simple instruction will position the viewer face-to-face with one of the masks and permit a unique dialogue to develop between the two. The masks exchange secrets as the viewer gives his or her trust. It is a game involving the ignition of curiosity, conversation and playfulness while unmasking intention and dimming their masquerades. Standing back, a viewer is presented a performance as the participant interacts with the artwork. The viewer from a distance will witness a waltz between a human and a disguise, an exchange of experiences and personalities. The Blank Canvas will comprise of numerous 3D printed masks, casted handprints and stenciled designs. The masks will be designed on a 3D modeling software and 3D printed. They will then be dipped in clear resin and other similar sculptural materials to create textures transforming the masks’ colour and lighting effects. For example, the clear resin will be mixed with dye or small materials such as gold leaf to give the resin layer a sense of depth and complexity. The handprints will be a low relief cast to enable the participants’ hands to fit within the print. The stencils will provide an overall design on the wall to accommodate the dance and illustrate the invitation as a comprehensive treasure map into the masks’ other world, a guidebook to venture off with into the mask’s mystical labyrinth. There will be painted lines, symbols and expressive gestures pirouetting the viewer into the masks’ grasps of storytelling and adventure. It will connect the handprints to the masks forming a full size wall painting, creating the body and pattern of the design.
- DomeThis project is still in the process. The viewer can enter the dome into a private and isolated space. The dome insulates the viewer, changing the acoustics and providing an intimate space. Inside the viewer can look at the paintings surrounding him or her, or can engage in personal contemplation. Since the dome is left bare underneath, only the frame of the stand remaining, the viewer is still conscious of the exterior and is aware if any other people are nearby. The viewer may feel exposed, however, his or her head is shielded just as he or she is unable to see the heads of those who surround him or her.
+ View all
Set Design & Studio InternDarling & Edge
- London, United KingdomInternship
I gained experience in every aspect of the business from initial design to the install of the event. Skills I have learned include pitching, finance, design drawing, sourcing, fabrication, client liaison, event management and marketing. I have advance my skill set in set construction from assisting the carpenter and designers during the install. During the install of events, I have assisted the carpenter in every part of set construction for projects such as set design/construction for an immersive dining experience company, Gingerline and the reconstruction of a caravan converted into a large-scale snail shell sculpture for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. I have also painted signs for a wedding, installed two one-night events and built a dollhouse piano-conversion for the Canary Wharf Pianos.
BFI Youth JurorBritish Film Institute (BFI)
- London, United KingdomFreelance
I was chosen to be a part of the Youth Jury Project with the BFI London Film Festival. With a group of other young jurors, we will discuss and select the winning nominated First Feature for the 2014 Sutherland Award for the Most Original and Most Imaginative Directorial Debut. During the program in a period of four weeks, we will watch 12 nominated films, engage in critical discussions of each film and in the end decide as a group jury which film deserves the Sutherland Award for 2014's BFI London Film Festival.
+ Show more
- Visual Arts
- Fine Art
- Set Design and Construction
- Art Department