Hello! I'm Alice, I'm a freelance writer and journalist with over 8 years experience working in the creative and advertising sector. Since I moved to Berlin from London in 2016 I've worked as a freelance writer full-time. I write about electronic music and underground club culture for Mixmag and Beatport and I write about counter-cultures for Huck Magazine (they publish my snaps in there too). I write travel essays for Babbel Magazine and The Culture Trip and a weekly fitness blog series for Urban Sports Club. I work with brands and agencies to write creative, engaging content that their audience can truly connect with, specialising in profiles about the creatives, artists and taste-makers that shape our culture today. I work exclusively freelance and spend about five months of every year travelling for magazines where I get to meet locals, dig up interesting stories and work on my new obsession: photography. In 2019 I travelled to Dubai, Beirut, Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Nuremberg, Valencia, Munich, Lisbon, Tel Aviv, Marseille, Barcelona, Gdansk, Cape Town and if I'm not in Berlin then I'll be in my hometown, London. From January to April 2020 I'll be working on stories in South East Asia.
- MEET KOBIE DEE, THE KAMILAROI RAP STAR MAKING MUSIC FOR MARGINALISED VOICESIt’s an overcast day and Kobie’s smoking a cigarette outside his mum’s house in Matraville, a sprawling, unremarkable suburb of Sydney. Kobie Dee grew up in neighbouring Maroubra, which neighbours Coogee, which neighbours Bondi. This area, The Eastern Suburbs, is better known for its white sand beaches, surf culture and ex-pat community than its rap scene. https://www.dummymag.com/features/kobie-dee-kamilaroi-rap-star-sydney/
- A DAY AT SEA WITH BIG WAVE PHOTOGRAPHER RAY COLLINS“Although my images show these dark, powerful waves, the ocean has never been more vulnerable,” he says, pointing at two quarantined cruise ships sitting a mile out to sea, eerily still. “Look at where we are right now. Everything is in a fine balance.” https://www.huckmag.com/art-and-culture/photography-2/a-day-at-sea-with-big-wave-photographer-ray-collins/
- THE ANACONDA IN THE CHANDELIER'In the last two years it has become increasingly common for clubs to be raided mid-set. The lights will come on, the music shut down and each person will be rounded up and taken away for drug tests.' Being a DJ behind the Great Firewall: how China's underground club scene survives government surveillance. Published in Mixmag July 2019.
- PROTEST THROUGH DJINGGeorgia’s electronic music community is on the front line of freedom and creativity in a difficult and repressive political climate. A new compilation, ‘Place: Georgia’ brings together some of the key figures in a country where clubbing isn’t just a pastime, it’s a call to arms. https://mixmag.net/feature/protest-through-djing-georgia
- CHARLOTTE DE WITTE IS A FORCE OF NATURE'To the untrained eye it seems as though she doesn’t stop – and on closer inspection it’s true, she doesn’t. Her manager often gets angry emails from fans saying he’s overworking her, which Charlotte finds hilarious. Because she’s over-working him.' In August 2019 I went on a three day tour with Charlotte de Witte and wrote the cover story for November's issue of Mixmag. Read the full story here: https://mixmag.net/feature/charlotte-de-witte-cover-feature-interview-kntxt
For the last 4 years I have worked as a freelance writer and content creator for start-ups and brands as well as freelancing as a journalist for magazines and national newspapers. Current clients include: Babbel Magazine, Beatport, Huck Magazine, Mixmag, OSCILLATE, Salon zu wilden Renate, The Culture Trip, Urban Sports Club.
+ Show more
- Advertising Copywriting
- Cultural Journalism
- Sports Writing
- Music Journalism
- Brand Storytelling
- Content and Media Writing
- Feature Writing
BA 2:1 American and English Literature with a Year AbroadUniversity of East Anglia
- Norwich, United Kingdom