- I Can Make Dolls' ClothesA simple, stylish step-by-step introduction to sewing and pattern-making, with actual-size patterns on the page and clear instructions and illustrations throughout. This neat little book teaches children the basic skills they need to make a range of clothing items and encourages them to get creative and customise the patterns to make their own designs.
- Fashion Rebel Outfit MakerThis unique and stylish activity book shows children how to create their own looks by mixing up all kinds of styles, from preppy slacks and sporty tops to rockabilly skirts and Parisian-chic berets, encouraging them to push fashion boundaries and create a designer’s sketchbook bursting with ideas and attitude. The book includes templates and a tracing paper pad complete with model outlines and fun fashion challenges.
- Genius!A fun, fact-packed book that explores some of history’s most ingenious inventions, from Gutenberg’s printing press to the Wright Brothers’ first powered flight, and introduces children to the brilliant, often brave inventors who helped create the world as we know it today. Children are inspired by the gripping stories of great inventors’ struggles and successes and encouraged to get started on their own inventions with a range of simple how-to activities.
- Face Your FearsThis book is full of sensitive, practical activities and strategies to help children identify and face their fears, coping with worries about everything from reading aloud in class to sleeping over at a friend’s house. The Grow Your Mind series helps children develop a ‘Growth Mindset’ – that is, a belief that putting in effort and approaching challenges positively can help them feel smarter, stronger and more confident in themselves.
- The Sleeping Beauty TheatreA magical theatre within a book, with everything children need to stage their own productions of Sleeping Beauty. Su Blackwell’s unique fairy-tale images, cut out from the pages of classic fables, are brought to three-dimensional life in a range of scenery sheets, props and moveable characters. Children can choose to follow the script with step-by-step stage directions or get creative and go off-script entirely, putting their own twist on this classic fairy tale or making up one of their own!
- Don't PanicThis book is full of fun, practical ways for children to learn how to manage their worries and avoid panicking, helping them take on big challenges and daily tasks with a healthier, happier mindset. The Grow Your Mind series helps children develop a ‘Growth Mindset’ – that is, a belief that putting in effort and approaching challenges positively can help them feel smarter, stronger and more confident in themselves.
+ View all
Author and EditorSelf-employed
Brighton, United KingdomFreelance
Since November 2017 I have moved away entirely from in-house work into freelance writing, editing and creative consultancy. I have worked with publishers including Hachette, Thames & Hudson, Quarto and Laurence King on a wide range of projects.
+ Show more
- Content Creation
- Content and Media Writing
- Creative Editing
- Book Editing
- Concept Development
- Digital Editing
- Adobe Indesign