- Let's all createA bumper pack we designed for Festival Bridge, Arts Council England, NUA and Arts Award, packed full of challenges specially created by artists for all ages to enjoy. The pack was sent out to 18,000 families during lockdown, sharing inspirational creative activities that could be enjoyed without any technology.
- Leaflet with bespoke illustrationsA leaflet helping people in Peterborough to access vital food supplies and debt management support during the COVID-19 pandemic as part of Don't go hungry this summer, a campaign by Peterborough Council for Voluntary Service. The leaflets were made accessible to diverse communities across the city, transcending language barriers with engaging illustrations and digital and print editions in eight different languages.
- Foraging zineA series of three zines created with The Association of Foragers to spread knowledge about how to identify and eat wild plants. Eat Wild ran through June, July and August of 2020 during the height of the COVID-19 lockdown. We performed an editorial consultant role, setting the style, honing the content, commissioning and shooting photography and creating illustrations for the publication. Discover the digital edition at eatwild.org.uk
- Posters, custom font and online exhibitionPromotion design for 'What are the consequences - a celebration of drawing and talking’ a project by Metal Culture Peterborough and artist Kate Genever. Over 5 months, hundreds of women met up in person and via video call to get to know each other whilst drawing. We designed a typeface from Metal's handwriting and used it as the main graphic in promo materials for the project; a flyer, posters and banner featuring provocative questions and a 'poster within a poster' look. We developed a powerful
- Cards and printsOn the side I sell a selection of my personal artwork, created in my home studio, in a little village just outside Peterborough. I mostly create meticulous pen and ink drawings and am currently investigating ink and brush, creating naive, child-like patterns. I’m also working on a series of digital illustrations called ‘What Red said’ based on weird and wonderful quotes from my five year old.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- City College MuralMy Co-Op partners and I worked together to create this mural for a local college. We started by holding a workshop with the students to get them inspired to create art in response to their experience during lockdown. The next step was to digitise their illustrations and create repeating patterns to fill the bespoke typography that we created. The type was modified to be interlocked and better represent the theme.
Peterborough, United KingdomPart Time
I am an artist and highly skilled creative illustrator. My years as a magazine art editor have made me a swift, meticulous and much sought-after designer. I am passionate about social change and co-founded Peterborough’s only workers’ co-op Paper Rhino so that I could use my skills to promote ethical ways of working. Through my own practice I strive to gain creative opportunities for women and other marginalised genders, making their work more visible.
Senior DesignerThe Royal Horticultural Society
- Peterborough, United KingdomFull Time
As Senior Designer at the RHS, I managed RHS design output including posters, banners and leaflets but my main role was creating The Garden, the monthly magazine for members of the RHS. I was privileged to work with a first-class editorial team, art-directing photography, crafting content and managing deadlines. Before leaving I completed a successful redesign of The Garden, creating a more practical, inspirational and feminine magazine which is easier to navigate and encourages an interactive relationship between the RHS and it’s members.
+ Show more
- Editorial Design
- Mural Art
- Risograph Printing
- Branding Design
- Promotional Design