You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Let's Journey Together! To Create. Innovate. Connect.?
Do you really want to delete project Get Your Creative Juices Flowing Connecting With London’s Creative Communities?
Do you really want to delete project Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. - Coco Chanel?
Do you really want to delete project Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things. - Theodore Levitt?
Do you really want to delete project To travel is to live. – Hans Christian Andersen?
Do you really want to delete project The maker movement is about moving form consumption to creation and turning knowledge into action. - Emily Fleming?
The heartbeat of my work is to further human connection and help brands engage their tribe, crafting impactful stories, products, and experiences at the intersection of fashion, retail, travel, & tech. My superpower is to help drive brands forward, distilling insights into designs, strategy, and action through comprehensive skill set across creative direction, product and brand development, trend analysis, and market research and strategy with a global perspective. Excited to bring ideas to life visually and physically via collaboration. London based multilingual New Yorker with Chinese roots, adapt in building global relationships.Locked Pro Plan feature
Helping brands and entrepreneurs identify and implement ways to innovate via visual storytelling, product design, and brand strategy to further human connection and increase engagement with audiences while embracing technology. As a creative and strategist, I connect the dots for a holistic approach. Exploring synergies across innovation embracing communities: Fashion Tech, Retail Tech, Makerspaces, and VR/ AR • Content creation from 2D animation to copywriting • Define key emerging trends across design, digital, tech, and experiential • Translate lifestyle editorial storytelling strategy from fashion to other industry sectors • Develop laser cut product collection 2016 • Concept and technical spec of onyx stone art sculptures 2015 • Market research and strategy for smart clothing label fashion retail app 2015
• Partner in creative direction and business strategy for handbag expansion of independent Bali based jewellery brand • Improve website user experience with design and function overhaul to increase e-commerce opportunity and align brand identity across digital channels after a decade in business for founder • Strive to meet challenges of self-funded business to maximize budget resources for all functions from product development and production, website and system logistics, to marketing and PR to increase brand awareness and drive sales for wholesale and e-commerce • Co-direct brand image, visual communication, lookbooks, styling, and photo shoots
• Partner in brand direction, interior design, and operational systems development of bed & breakfast and eatery project seizing new opportunity to expand skills beyond accessories to surf hospitality sector • Design floor plans, and source and custom design furniture, decor, and textiles • Conduct competitive market research to determine price structure and budget plan
• Perform multi-faceted design and brand development role as right hand to Owner and President for namesake brand • Contribute to CEO and President’s accelerated growth strategy for namesake brand and successful launch of multiple high volume private label business models • Create original logo hardware launched November 2006 and evolve designs 4 collections annually through May 2011 • Lead and mentor design team of 6 on all aspects of development process • Ensure brand aesthetic translate with integrity across lifestyle category expansion to luggage, apparel, shoes, jewellery and fragrance • Collaborate with Italy partnership Director and Buyer to meet market specific product needs for robust retail and outlet store growth from May 2007 to May 2011 • Achieve effective solution to season and delivery cycle differences between U.S. and European market distribution • Multifunction as International Product Manager instrumental to European market business & Social Media Manager in the absence of Digital Marketing department • Identify Facebook as best no cost marketing strategy and jumpstart engagement campaigns from August 2010 increasing community from 12,000 to 30,000+ by May 2011 through organic growth • Implement and direct social media marketing to increase brand awareness and represent authentic voice for Kathy as a brand and fashion personality • Address customer service issues voiced by Facebook fans and help initiate customer service department and policy guidelines to maintain high brand integrity • Mentored by handbag visionaries Bruce Makowsky and Kathy Van Zeeland
• Assist President to set up new accessories division for apparel company expansion • Oversee design, sourcing, and development of accessories across 3 categories: handbags, belts, and hats to coordinate with apparel and cosmetic brands to capitalize each classification’s growth potential • Introduce vendor resources from previous relationships to strengthen factory base capability • Mentor in pilot project introducing high school students to fashion industry through design program from concept to factory sample for Sweat Equity Enterprise non-profit of parent company
• Realign design direction of accessories across 3 categories: handbags, belts, and jewellery cohesively to reflect authentic vintage aesthetic of denim brand heritage and fulfill merchandise plan for 3 divisions: retail stores, wholesale and specialty chain stores • Streamline complex factory matrix for development process by identifying best vendor resources • Explore inventive distressing techniques across all product and brainstorm with factories and product development team to perfect quality control within production standards
• Multi-function design and product development role for various brands under the Nine West umbrella with hands on experience in 4 divisions: retail, international, wholesale, and second tier developing handbags coordinating with footwear • Support Design Director and VP of Sales in Fall 2002 U.S. re-launch of iconic brand Esprit for department store market aligned with ready-to-wear and shoes
• Direct high volume retail shop of global travel company specializing in student and independent travel reaching $2.7 million sales and plan aggressive yearly budgets to maximize profit growth • Produce High Achiever company-wide top sales of $700,000+ annual in 1999 and 2000 • Build strong local marketing campaigns in line with national branding via print ads, internet marketing, sponsorship of area university events, and club promotions • Represent U.S. division in company UK exchange (January - February 1998) • Cultivate growth of repeat clientele with dedicated focus on customer service
Apply rigorous data-driven approaches to optimize digital marketing campaign. Effectively use social media and search marketing to acquire and engage new users for brand. Improve marketing performance by developing high-impact content and focusing on user experience. Holistic and actionable understanding of the current digital landscape to drive success and business growth. Instructors: Howard Kingston Co-founder/ CMO Adludio and Nick Smith Growth Hacker Gecko Board
Minors: International Studies, French, and Chinese Diplome Superieur d’Etudes Francaises Spring Semester 1995 Universite des Sciences Humaines Strasbourg, France French language and cultural studies Advanced Level Certification Summer Semester 1994 Beijing University Beijing, China Chinese language and cultural studies