A confident and enthusiastic individual who is committed to making the everyday more interesting and inspiring for everyone. Possessing a range of skills, such as idea generation, concept development and presenting outcomes to audiences in a visual manor. Amy Strives for perfection in everything she does and aims to design product that is engaging and easy to use. Thinking outside the box an using her creative mindset to discover new ideas and concepts comes naturally to Amy. From the initial ideas she develops, she then takes it a step further to construct feasible and realistic products that have a creative and interesting identity.
- Copper diffusion collectionMy inspiration came from textures and diffusion of oils in water, I wanted to capture this delicate visual effect that lasts seconds, and replicate it into decorative lighting. I used many material testing processes and finally came up with my own unique manufacture process that can be produced on a batch production scale. The beauty of these lights is that they can be manipulated but never replicated as like with the diffusion process of oils in water, you can never get the exact same pattern
- BalloonoBalloono is a playful, gentle form of lighting that reflects the happy memories related towards balloons. Making them as realistic as possible by using porcelain, that is just as delicate as a real balloon, they represent a balloon that will never deflate and this portrays a positive vibe to the user.
+ Show more
Junior DesignerAnne haimes interiors
Henley-on-Thames, United KingdomFull Time
During my experience at Anne Haimes Interiors, I got to work within a high end deign studio based in Henley-On-Thames. Working within this design studio allowed me to learn quickly how to handle clients and engage with a design team effectively. As a product designer within an interior deign company, I allowed my skills set to aid the company, I showed this by deigning bespoke furniture pieces for clients and draw up correct manufacture drawings to send to carpenters and upholsterers. I improved my Auto CAD, Sketch up and Photoshop skills to a high level of professionalism.
ExhibitorYoung furniture maker exhibition
- 12 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2HE, UKFull Time
As an exhibitor I was aloud to show my diffusion lights again to the furniture makers society. Again it was a positive and encouraging experience with a lot of encouragement to further my horizon within lighting.
+ Show more
- Solid Works
- Concept Sketching
- Abobe Indesign/photoshop/illustrator
- Wacom Tablet
B.A (hons) Product DesignBirmingham City University
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
Studies include: Design ethics, design principles and processes, form function and feeling, design communication and user needs, professional experience, RSA brief and signature project. skills gained include : sketching, graphics, communication stills , model making ,workshop inductions , team work, leadership, researching and organisation. From working at Birmingham city university it gave me a chance to work with live briefs from Star pack, Electrolux, Tri-wall and RSA
Art and Design Foundation DiplomaCoventry University
- Coventry, United Kingdom
Grade-Distinction Studies included, Art and design history, mixed creative disciplines such as photography, graphics and fashion, form function and feeling and short live briefs Skills gained, knowledge within different creative disciplines, teamwork, material explorations, how to work efficiently on my own and as part of a team, and how to present ideas to a group.